• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

WESTLIFE NEW ALBUM // JÖRGEN RAMI MARATONE ASIDE QUIZLAROSSI

Started by turnaround, August 04, 2007, 05:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebecca

Thanks Nicky

Yes, so great to hear them talking about the songs!

turnaround

More and more track-by-track comments arrive.
You can listen a minute to the song after the comments.

The most recent is Nicky talking about "The easy way"

1.Home
2. Us against the world (Arnthor Birgisson, Rami Yacoub, Savan Kotecha)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xJU7Qw5wEM
3. Something right (Arnthor Birgisson, Rami Yacoub, Savan Kotecha)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPla48SSUDk
4.I'm already there
5.When I'm with you
6.Have you ever
7.It's you
8.Catch my breath
9. The easy way (Arnthor Birgisson, Rami Yacoub, Savan Kotecha)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAVSlFzFslg
10.I do
11. Pictures in my head (Arnthor Birgisson, Rami Yacoub, Savan Kotecha)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=InSutR5BqVI
12.You must have had a broken heart (Jörgen Elofsson, Nicky Chinn)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1V0BpZi3h-I
And I liked it..

Tiiger

I like the songs more now, wasn't too keen on the first listen. I will most probably buy the album, yes.  :D
Just the way you are
We'll be standing soul to soul
My love's never far
I will hear you call
You'll never be inconsolable

NIKLAS"NiCkY"

Serious, this is my song...If you find words tell me... :)
Us against the world.... Rami/arnthor/savan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDML26npT6M
If you can dream it, you can be it.

maxmartin'sfan

I've got the album.. wow.. the maratone's song are really great!;.. the others are bad..

Alex Martin

Good album!!!!

I love Westlife!!!!

My favourite song is PICTURE IN MY HEAD......remember me the old time of cheiron sound!!!!!!

Go guys to the number one!!!!!

Westlife better than Spice Girls!!!

Markus1981

I've decided I quite like the album now. Some great tracks some not so great. I love Us Against The World, Something Right, Pictures In My Head & When I'm With You (which I think really sounds like it could have been on the new Shayne Ward album), plus Jorgen has done a great job with You Must Have Had A Broken Heart.

turnaround

Here's my review of the Cheiron songs ;)

Best Melody: "Us against the world"
Best Lyrics: "Something right"
Best Production: "The Easy Way"
Best background vocals: "You must have had a broken heart"
Most fabulous keychange: "You must have had a broken heart"

The Cheiron songs are all really worth listening. Rami, Savan and Arnthor have written some pretty different songs.
I am especially pleased Jörgen has an old-style Westlife-mid-tempo ballad on it. Since the "Greatest hits" they haven't worked with him anymore. This could have also been a song for an Idol-winner, it has this anthem-feeling to it.

"Us against the world" is a very good choice for the second single, though I'd prefer "Something right" as it's been a while since Westlife had a faster song released as an single.

"Pictures in my head" is also the perfect radio song, you have the melody in your head instantly.

Right now "Something right" is my favourite, it's so uplifting and catchy, closely followed by "You must have had a broken heart".

Other highlights from the album: "Catch my breath" and "I'm already there".
I am a bit disappointed by the other Steve Mac songs.

Definitely recommend it, maybe their best album in their career!
And I liked it..

Rebecca

I bought this album yesterday.

Something Right is my favourite song on it too.

The Cheiron songs are definitely the best on the album

I'm appalled that they covered Have You Ever, I was so sick of hearing that song back when Brandy sang it (I think it was Brandy) and now hearing Westlife sing it - ugh.

I would like Westlife to be brave enough to release an album with only originals.

I don't think this is going to be my favourite of their albums. Nothing can beat Coast to Coast - with My Love and I Lay My Love On You.

turnaround

I still don't understand why they still do what Simon Cowell tells them to do.

He wanted them to record "Have you ever" because he thought it was a good song to show their harmonies.  :-X

Just annoying. I am sure Maratone had many more good songs for that album and covering "Home" and "Have you ever" is really pretty useless.

And I liked it..

Rebecca

so ridiculous!
we know they do great harmonies - they have already released a bunch of albums, it's not like they're auditioning for Idol! Simon Cowell must have such control over them, we were probably lucky they sang any originals at all!

Linda

Rebecca

Quote from: ®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ on November 10, 2007, 11:20:25 PM
I find it funny how in interviews they're talking about being sick of doing cover songs and being happy about finally having an album full of brandnew original Westlife tracks, when in fact there's still 17% cover versions on it. *lol*

It's just too funny really. "Brandnew original Westlife tracks" translated: Old songs by Westlife! but it's okay because they are harmonising.

I have to admit though that I love their Total Eclipse of the Heart. I would love them to cover Alone though - take note Simon Cowell. haha

Rebecca

Quote from: ®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ on November 10, 2007, 11:47:49 PM
Quote from: Rebecca on November 10, 2007, 11:45:49 PM
I would love them to cover Alone though - take note Simon Cowell. haha

"Alone" by Avril?  ;D

oh no, I meant Alone by Heart. Covered by Celine also. I'm a sucker that song.

Linda