• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

2013 - Max Martin Working With Backstreet Boys!

Started by gm33, July 18, 2012, 03:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khan9898

Jive have pretty much been trying to screw over the guys since Black and Blue ever since that 2001/2002 lawsuit. And on This Is Us, once they recorded Bigger the camp had said it was going to be a single despite many other songs that were better on both being a single and making a cut. And then Jive basically put all the songs that leaked early in 2009 onto the final album. Luckily Jive does not exist anymore.

BSB finished the first part of their recording session for the new album. Some fans got to listen in at the studios and said it was definitely fun and summer like sounding. Also Rami/Carl did get in contact with BSB but they left London to go back to the U.S today.

I'm not sure if BSB is going to come back to London to finish the album or go to L.A but lets cross fingers they go back to Europe and work with the Swedes.

Joshua

Quote from: Khan9898 on July 28, 2012, 09:04:23 PMAnd then Jive basically put all the songs that leaked early in 2009 onto the final album. Luckily Jive does not exist anymore.

I think that was the biggest disservice overall, it really killed any hype they could have built up for the release. The whole album was a letdown for me, I don't even know what else they could've released as a single, maybe "Bye Bye Love"?

Definitely hope they get some Swedeness happening on this album, but more than anything I hope they find their direction again. It's liked they've really struggled to find their post 90's niche.

Khan9898

After Never Gone, sales wise/radio play they just fell off but they continued to do strong when it came to touring. With boybands coming back and the excitement over the 20th year anniversary of BSB, 2013 should be a big year for BSB.

Khan9898

Nick recently played a song at his birthday celebration in Vegas called "Just Kids", its about a reflection of them growing up the past 20 years. He said it might make the album and that Kevin likes the song a lot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZSzz3_aZrc

Rebecca

I like the song, but don't love it. I don't mind if it makes the album, but I want more upbeat tracks and more pop!

Joshua

Not sure if anyone has heard, but there will be a Backstreet Boys documentary coming to cinemas this year, from the makers of the recent Rolling Stones and Katy Perry movies. It will apparently be an in-depth, bare all look at their career... so there HAS to be some Max/Cheiron in there somewhere. I for one won't miss this for the world.

B Steady

Quote from: Joshua on March 01, 2013, 07:23:11 AM
Not sure if anyone has heard, but there will be a Backstreet Boys documentary coming to cinemas this year, from the makers of the recent Rolling Stones and Katy Perry movies. It will apparently be an in-depth, bare all look at their career... so there HAS to be some Max/Cheiron in there somewhere. I for one won't miss this for the world.

Yes, I heard about it and I won't miss it, too!! :)
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

Sounds good I really want to see some footage of the good old days.

Hopefully there is a lot unreleased video material of the magic days.
And I liked it..

Rebecca

I'm so excited about this documentary! yes, surely it will have a lot about Cheiron.

Khan9898

Brian tweeted a pic of Max, their in the studio with him today! Maybe their recording The Rain?!

Alex Martin

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

A
M
A
Z
I
N
G

Joshua

My heart rate has just doubled! :o This is the most exciting news I've heard in a long time. Far out, I was so certain they wouldn't be working with Max for some reason, like it was hoping for too much. I'm over the moon! Even more chance of some Max coverage in the documentary now, seeings they said they'll be covering the making of the new album.

EDIT: Howie just Tweeted... "In LA today with bsb recording a smash with Max Martin. He wrote the majority of our biggest hits. Great to have the dream team back again!!"

Rebecca

This is so exciting!! I never dreamed that Max would work with them again. Such great news!

Joshua

I'm guessing it may only be one track, seeings they're apparently about to wrap up with the album. But hey, one is better than none!