• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

I Want It That Way - early demo

Started by Eddie Krommer, December 21, 2014, 05:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Krommer

Popjustice posted a note of early demo songs.

I Want It That Way with different lyrics and title (No Goodbyes), the beat is remixed to fit I guess.
That makes a little sense why the lyrics are a little weird and Max had no idea what it was about at the end  ;D

What do you think?

http://www.popjustice.com/briefing/2014-a-z-h-is-for-half-finished-songs/133227/

J_A24

I read somewhere (probably here) that Mutt Lange was asked to come up with new lyrics from the original version and came up with that one. But they decided to keep the original one after all.

I think it's safe to say that "I want it that way" was a happy accident lyrically wise.

Eddie Krommer

I agree.

Even when the lyrics in I Want It That Way make no sense, the choice of words give a melodic strength to the song.

j.fco.morales

I think that started the mania of writing non sense lyrics.

Back then, people hated the whole boyband thing because of the nonsense of the lyrics, but 15 years later... we all love these songs.

J_A24

Quote from: Eddie Krommer on December 23, 2014, 12:54:13 AM
I agree.

Even when the lyrics in I Want It That Way make no sense, the choice of words give a melodic strength to the song.

Yeah, very much so. It's a big part of what makes the melody work.

'Tell me why' sounds much better than 'No goodbyes'.

Rebecca

I definitely prefer the original lyrics. The lyrics to "No Goodbyes" are ordinary even if they make more sense.
I don't think it would have been as big a hit if it had the No Goodbyes lyrics.

j.fco.morales

That's what makes it special, the nonsense.

I freaking love that song, everyone does!

sweetmelody

Probably my favorite BSB song. I don't even care about the lyrics... it's the melody, production and performances that make it a great record. Still kinda surprised BSB never had a #1 with all the success they had.