• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Doja Cat

Started by georg_e, January 25, 2014, 06:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/1taiFk3Go0bQ1Wb5dhWAI3[/spotify]

"Original Version" featuring Nicki Minaj.
Way better and shorter. They stuck with the bpm.

And you can tell the similarities between Nicki's and Doja's rapping.

melodicmoonlight

First Billboard #1 for both Doja and Nicki. Awesome!

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/9375563/doja-cat-nicki-minaj-say-so-number-one

Also safe to say, the official start of Luke's comeback? His first #1 since... when?

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on May 12, 2020, 01:54:02 AM
First Billboard #1 for both Doja and Nicki. Awesome!

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/9375563/doja-cat-nicki-minaj-say-so-number-one

Also safe to say, the official start of Luke's comeback? His first #1 since... when?
After 6 bloody years (2014 with DARK HORSE). That monster get another #1. I thought his career was over! First Max, now him? Lucky I hope this doesn't mean he's gonna have another later this year or beyond, after what he did to Kesha. The 2020s are shaping up to be the worst!!

nanofives

I was hoping he would come back eventually, you can't just erase someone like him from the business. I just wish he had more success with Kim rather than doja but it's a good start for new artists that might be signed on Kemosabe in the future and for old artists like Nicki to come back to collaborate with him again just like the old times.

B Steady

Quote from: McCartneyMartin on May 12, 2020, 05:16:35 AM
After 6 bloody years (2014 with DARK HORSE). That monster get another #1. I thought his career was over! First Max, now him? Lucky I hope this doesn't mean he's gonna have another later this year or beyond, after what he did to Kesha. The 2020s are shaping up to be the worst!!

What exactly is your problem?
Vila i frid Dag

AlexanderLaBrea

First Max, now him?

The 2020s are shaping up to be the worst!!

What do you mean by "First Max, now him?"

david

If you want to cancel luke you probably gonna have to cancel the whole industry. He owns one of the biggest publisher companies out there

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: david on May 12, 2020, 03:00:59 PM

If you want to cancel luke you probably gonna have to cancel the whole industry. He owns one of the biggest publisher companies out there
Sorry, I just can't stand Luke after the whole "Kesha-gate" thing. It's like trying to defend Bill Cosby, sure the man was talented & funny but he was since a monster all along.

He pretty much brought the worst era of pop music we ever had (2008-2014).
Unlike Max, who was around since the 90s. Luke pretty much took his style when they were working together, made it watered down & became the template of pop music everybody makes today.

There is a reason why Max doesn't work with him anymore, he was just riding the coat tails of a much better figure! I tell ya everything is up in the air with this pandemic going on still.

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: AlexanderLaBrea on May 12, 2020, 01:41:49 PM
What do you mean by "First Max, now him?"
I don't mind if they get a #1 once in a while, but not like back in the early 2010s where they had back to back to back hits whilke new artists & producors got thrown to the wayside. 2016-2019 was when they took a break & newer fresher talent (Louis Bell, Justin Trainer, Juila Michaels, Jason Evigan, Mattman & Robin etc...) was coming out, now it seems like Luke/Max what to making a comeback.

It was a surprise when Max finally got back to #1, but its just weird that Luke's back too. Why did they have any #1's between 2016 til now (my own anecdotal says they didn't make anything due to the rise & current reign of Trump but since people are waking up, his power has weaked, they're picking up where they left off). Next thing you know, Shellback will be getting back to the top as well.

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: nanofives on May 12, 2020, 07:09:58 AM
I was hoping he would come back eventually, you can't just erase someone like him from the business. I just wish he had more success with Kim rather than doja but it's a good start for new artists that might be signed on Kemosabe in the future and for old artists like Nicki to come back to collaborate with him again just like the old times.
Doja Cat's really is a Nicki bootleg clone, only with a better singing voice. She just needs to giving up rap & stick with that. It's sad that Nicki couldn't get a #1 on her own but rather up on a remix with an artist that has the same schick as her (Pink theme, annoying chipmunk rapping, smooth singing voice, poppy rehash Disco beats, working with Dr. "Cosby" Luke). Like something out of a science fiction movie.

B Steady

Quote from: McCartneyMartin on May 12, 2020, 04:52:59 PM
Like something out of a science fiction movie.

Just like your statements lol.

Who are Justin Trainer & Juila Michaels btw?
Vila i frid Dag

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: B Steady on May 12, 2020, 11:39:52 PM

Two upcoming hit songwriters/producers responsible for some of the biggest hits of the later half of the 2010s.

j.fco.morales

Benny is making fun of your mispelling.

I'm happy because we have 4 black women at the top of the Hot 100. First time ever.

nanofives

Quote from: B Steady on May 12, 2020, 11:39:52 PM

Lol I realized it after reading it like 4 or 5 times hahaha.

AlexanderLaBrea

Quote from: McCartneyMartin on May 12, 2020, 04:46:30 PM
Why did they have any #1's between 2016 til now (my own anecdotal says they didn't make anything due to the rise & current reign of Trump

Wait, you seriously even considered for a second that Max and Luke took a "break from making hits" when Trump was elected? Did you miss the 46 (or so) releases Max had from late 2016 up until Blinding Lights went nr. 1.

Also, I'm puzzled as why you're even here if you consider 2008-2014 the worst era of pop music when it was Max Martins most creative and successful period...