• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Yet another No1....

Started by WeMyselfandWhy, September 04, 2013, 11:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raul_esp

AMAZING!! , She did it without video , CONGRATULATIONS KATY , MAX AND LUKE! , 16th no1 For Max!

Joshua

I'm still a bit confused as to how "Blurred Lines" managed to stay on top in it's, what, tenth week?... against a single that had enormous first week sales. Maybe it was all down to airplay and YouTube views.

Rebecca

Congratulations! amazing news, but not surprising. 16 no.1's for Max is incredible

Josh, I agree, I don't know how Blurred Lines stayed on top for so long. It must be the youtube views - that video!

turnaround

Congrats. Genius Max.

Here is an Swedish article about Max and all his #1s with songwriters.

http://www.stim.se/sv/PRESS/Nyheter/Max-Martin-far-sin-fjortonde-USA-etta
And I liked it..

gm33

So, "last friday night" and "one more night" are missing from that article above, but are listed on http://www.maxmartinfansite.com/ as a Max #1 - so does he have 14 or 16? Which is correct?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

max_martin_fan

Quote from: Rebecca on September 05, 2013, 01:38:20 PM
Congratulations! amazing news, but not surprising. 16 no.1's for Max is incredible

Josh, I agree, I don't know how Blurred Lines stayed on top for so long. It must be the youtube views - that video!

Yup, im pretty sure it has something to do with those youtube views. Billboard's positioning algorithm got changed since the Harlem Shake thing to include youtube views. It's fair I think, Blurred Lines is a great song.

rebekahELLE

I was happy to see this particular song dethrone Blurred Lines!  Congrats on another Hot 100 #1.  It's Perry's 8th #1 song.  I update my MMartin article weekly with the Hot 100 rankings and gave it a tweet and within seconds it was chosen as a top tweet.  ROAR sends a metaphorical message in a fun way.  I wasn't crazy about it at first, but now I love singing along with it when it comes on.

Joshua

Quote from: gm33 on September 06, 2013, 03:28:02 AM
So, "last friday night" and "one more night" are missing from that article above, but are listed on http://www.maxmartinfansite.com/ as a Max #1 - so does he have 14 or 16? Which is correct?

Those two most definitely topped Billboard! :)

soundoffhear

I would like to see Max lobby to push the envelope of modern song structure away from the linear verse, chorus, bridge situation and start to create some hybrid structures that hang together but make the listener keep going back to it to keep track of their favorite part. He has the stature in the industry to break out and do that! Others will follow.

Roar is better than most songs on the radio right now, but this structure is becoming a little plain vanilla now, with just sonic and production embellishments added in to not fatigue the ear.

As far as chart position, very little of that is steered by requests, even with the new internet charting factored in. Unfortunately a lot of chart position still comes down to how much money is spent by the record labels to push different radio markets to play the song during peak 'drive time'. If a song is #1 it usually has to do to with that song being played consecutively over a span of several weeks during peak drive time in every major city in America. That still takes money muscle, not so-much listener interest.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: soundoffhear on September 16, 2013, 03:44:39 AM
I would like to see Max lobby to push the envelope of modern song structure away from the linear verse, chorus, bridge situation and start to create some hybrid structures that hang together but make the listener keep going back to it to keep track of their favorite part. He has the stature in the industry to break out and do that! Others will follow.

Roar is better than most songs on the radio right now, but this structure is becoming a little plain vanilla now, with just sonic and production embellishments added in to not fatigue the ear.

As far as chart position, very little of that is steered by requests, even with the new internet charting factored in. Unfortunately a lot of chart position still comes down to how much money is spent by the record labels to push different radio markets to play the song during peak 'drive time'. If a song is #1 it usually has to do to with that song being played consecutively over a span of several weeks during peak drive time in every major city in America. That still takes money muscle, not so-much listener interest.

Do you really think that different structures in songs will work on Top 40 radio? I don't think so... maybe other kind of melodies, but Max especially is like the king at melody making... in other genres other structures work pretty well, but not on Top 40 radio.

georg_e

^     ^     ^
    New structures will work on Top 40 radio.....eventually. Some of 'em already are. It's in the nature of popular music to change structure......what we think of as normal now, people in the 1930's/40's and 50's would've seen as if it was from Mars.....it's already changing.....it's headed into a more "collage" like way of making a song....and then THAT will seem normal........