• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

RedOne

Started by Raul_esp, November 07, 2008, 12:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua

I'd take this over some of his other recent tracks, I personally find his work a bit hit and miss.

nznexus

redone learnt Everything from rami!...

im just saying... so when you hear a rami track it will sound like redone.
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

B Steady

??? Strangely enough no Rami song sounds like RedOne, except for their collaborations of course ...
Vila i frid Dag

J_A24

Quote from: B Steady on June 28, 2013, 02:25:55 AM
??? Strangely enough no Rami song sounds like RedOne, except for their collaborations of course ...

Starships and Pound The Alarm sound mostly like Rami and Carl Falk, except for the atrocious "drop" in each song.

You know where it comes from.

Khan9898

Carl and Rami started out those songs by themselves and the label decided to give it to someone with a "bigger name" and boom its tagged with RedOne. This happens to many writers and producers.

Don't Hold Your Breathe by Nicole S was done by Timbaland then RedOne then given to Rami/Carl and that was the final version.

J_A24

Quote from: Khan9898 on June 28, 2013, 04:05:43 AM
Carl and Rami started out those songs by themselves and the label decided to give it to someone with a "bigger name" and boom its tagged with RedOne. This happens to many writers and producers.

Don't Hold Your Breathe by Nicole S was done by Timbaland then RedOne then given to Rami/Carl and that was the final version.

Wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, but I'd still bet RedOne is behind those atrocious parts in those songs. Maybe he had the initial idea, but the label decided to call Rami And Carl to make it better, while still keeping that bad part lol.

B Steady

Quote from: J_A24 on June 28, 2013, 04:03:07 AM
Starships and Pound The Alarm sound mostly like Rami and Carl Falk, except for the atrocious "drop" in each song.

You know where it comes from.

yeah of course, but the synths in the refrains may come from RedOne.

apart from that, you just approved my statement that actually none of Rami's songs sounds like it's done by RedOne. I don't know why nznexus said that ...
Vila i frid Dag

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: nznexus on June 28, 2013, 02:01:19 AM
redone learnt Everything from rami!...

What? No way... RedOne has his own style and touch on every song he does. Even the ones he did with Nicki show his signature style which is being loud and dancey something that neither Carl nor Rami have done.

B Steady

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on June 28, 2013, 02:07:25 PM
What? No way... RedOne has his own style and touch on every song he does. Even the ones he did with Nicki show his signature style which is being loud and dancey something that neither Carl nor Rami have done.

Exactly !
Vila i frid Dag

J_A24

Quote from: B Steady on June 28, 2013, 10:35:47 AM
yeah of course, but the synths in the refrains may come from RedOne.

apart from that, you just approved my statement that actually none of Rami's songs sounds like it's done by RedOne. I don't know why nznexus said that ...

Yeah I was agreeing with you. RedOne doesn't sound anything like Rami.

And to me, RedOne has no sound, he just uses the most generic sounds (presets) and dated ideas. It doesn't sound as sophisticated and cutting as the other big swedish producers. He is a good melody writer though.

Edit: Seriously, that Pitbull/Marc Anthony song is cringeworthy.

B Steady

Quote from: J_A24 on June 28, 2013, 06:24:29 PM
Yeah I was agreeing with you. RedOne doesn't sound anything like Rami.

And to me, RedOne has no sound, he just uses the most generic sounds (presets) and dated ideas. It doesn't sound as sophisticated and cutting as the other big swedish producers. He is a good melody writer though.

Edit: Seriously, that Pitbull/Marc Anthony song is cringeworthy.

Well, that new Jennifer Lopez / Pitbull song "Live it up" sounds very clear and bright, really up to date! Besides that, I wouldn't call him a Swede. He's still a Moroccan to me! All his compatriots write under every song he's produced "Morocco!", they're really proud of him :D

Rain Over Me belongs to my very favorites of RedOne!!  :o
Vila i frid Dag

nznexus

Before redone got well known he learn from rami and worked with cheiron, max martin and so on.

http://www.svd.se/kultur/redone-stjarnornas-producent_5966629.svd

Finally took RedOne into the producer world using Rami Yacoub, who produced Britney Spears breakthrough hit Baby one more time with Max Martin. Yacoub RedOne learned a lot about programming and production abc.
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: J_A24 on June 28, 2013, 06:24:29 PM

And to me, RedOne has no sound

Do you actually listen to the same RedOne we listen to? RedOne HAS a sound and he changed music from 2008/9 TBH, he put POP back into the map again with his sound which is pop/dance. And "dated" or not "presets" or not, I'd still call it an invention of a sound.

Quote from: nznexus on June 28, 2013, 08:19:33 PM
Before redone got well known he learn from rami and worked with cheiron, max martin and so on.

http://www.svd.se/kultur/redone-stjarnornas-producent_5966629.svd

Finally took RedOne into the producer world using Rami Yacoub, who produced Britney Spears breakthrough hit Baby one more time with Max Martin. Yacoub RedOne learned a lot about programming and production abc.
Yet RedOne managed to be successful on his own with his own sound and HAS NEVER copied Rami or anyone he learned from.

It's strange that he leaned from Rami, yet Rami alone doesnt have any hits worth mentioning apart from the One Direction cheese, who are, as we all know hugely supported by Simon Cowell.

J_A24

Rami has no hits besides one direction? Not sure if srs.

To each their own, I just don't find anything special in RedOne's productions compared to Rami's. His latest songs sound like 2011.

B Steady

Quote from: J_A24 on June 28, 2013, 09:43:49 PM
Rami has no hits besides one direction?
Not sure if srs.

me too :D
Vila i frid Dag