• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

The Weeknd - new single "Blinding Lights" (Max Martin, O. Holter)

Started by turnaround, April 20, 2015, 07:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

I listened to the song and I kind of dislike the snare. Like, way too clean in the mix.
LAYERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS PLEASE.

nanofives

Did The Weeknd denied Max a N1 hit by choosing Heartless over Blinding Lights? Right now Blinding lights has 50 million more streams and it's heading to do better on the charts on the next few weeks.

turnaround

It was already #1 in Germany. I believe it will be also #1 in the US eventually.
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

backgammonfiend

i know im getting assassinated for this but i still prefer heartless, young metro always goes hard on the low ends

Snipes3000

Both songs came out around the same time. Heartless took of much better with regards to Spotify plays. I don't remember the exact plays but I think it was Heartless at 80 million vs Blinding Lights at 20 million. Today it's Heartless at 139 million vs Blinding LIghts at 226 million. Songs were released at 27 respectively 29 November.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

j.fco.morales

I wonder if this era is conceptual, because the visuals and stuff seem to have some kind of double entendre.

nanofives

Blinding lights reached the top 10 on the billboard hot 100, hoping for it to keep rising

turnaround

Alone Again      Abel Tesfaye, Jason 'Daheala' Quenneville, Carlo "Illangelo" Montagnese & Adam Feeney   
Too Late      Abel Tesfaye, Jason 'Daheala' Quenneville, Carlo "Illangelo" Montagnese & Eric Burton Frederic   
Hardest To Love      Oscar Holter, Abel Tesfaye & Karl Martin Sandberg   
Scared To Live      Oscar Holter, Abel Tesfaye, Ahmad Balshe, Karl Martin Sandberg, Daniel Lopatin, Elton John & Bernard Jp Taupin   
Snowchild      Abel Tesfaye, Jason 'Daheala' Quenneville, Ahmad Balshe & Carlo "Illangelo" Montagnese   
Escape From LA      Mike McTaggart, Abel Tesfaye, Carlo "Illangelo" Montagnese & Leland Tyler Wayne   
Heartless      Carlo "Illangelo" Montagnese, Abel Tesfaye, Leland Tyler Wayne & Andre Eric Proctor   
Faith      Abel Tesfaye, Ahmad Balshe, Carlo "Illangelo" Montagnese & Leland Tyler Wayne   
Blinding Lights      Max Martin, Oscar Holter, Abel Tesfaye, Ahmad Balshe & Jason 'Daheala' Quenneville   
In Your Eyes      Oscar Holter, Abel Tesfaye, Ahmad Balshe & Karl Martin Sandberg   
Save Your Tears      Oscar Holter, Abel Tesfaye, Ahmad Balshe, Jason 'Daheala' Quenneville & Karl Martin Sandberg   
Repeat After Me (Interlude)      Kevin Parker, Abel Tesfaye & Daniel Lopatin   
After Hours      Jason 'Daheala' Quenneville, Mario Winans, Abel Tesfaye, Ahmad Balshe & Carlo "Illangelo" Montagnese   
Until I Bleed Out      Notinbed, Abel Tesfaye, Leland Tyler Wayne, Daniel Lopatin & Mejdi Rhars   
And I liked it..

McCartneyMartin

My God, Is Max trying to make a comeback for the third time? The first being in 2004, second in 2008 and now 2020?

Snipes3000

Blinding lights now at number 4 in Billboard top 100. From day one it entered (at #11 i thiink) I had the feeling it could become a number one song, as the sound of the song was something new compared to the other top 100 stuff. Second week it fell back to like spot 40 and I was like WHAT!?!?!. People probably needed time to adjust to the new flavour. Xmas then delayed it rising back to the top because all those old xmas songs were taking over. After those songs quit wasting the time of the charts, blinding lights started rising again, very slowly though. It has been rising or remained in the same position ever since. I'm going to stick to my initial position: it's going to become number one somewhere in the coming weeks. AND I WANT TO SAY IT HERE: BLINDING LIGHTS IS A BRAVE SONG AS IT INNOVATES INSTEAD OF GOING ALONG ON THE (THEN) CURRENT TRENDS. I also read criticism about lady gaga's stupid love by some people on the forum here, but I see the song as one which follows the trend blinding lights has set.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

McCartneyMartin

So do you think that Max will get 10 more number one hits and beat out Paul McCartney before his career is over? I mean the last 3 years weren't kind Max at all. I think he needed to kind of work with really different people in order for him to get his groove back into writing making hits.

He needs to go beyond just what Dennis had told him and to use different song structures, genres, artists and things that made previous hit songs great like instrumental bridges and solos rather than keep using the same tired formula that's been done to death by now everybody in the industry.

Blinding lights at least does break away from the formula a bit with its synth riff.

AlexanderLaBrea

10 is probably impossible (11 to beat actually). Maaaaybe he can tie Lennons 26 but also doubtful. He's not getting younger and while I think he still has a lot of drive in him, it sure as hell ain't getting easier. I just hope he can continue to make great songs. The trends in music over the last years I feel have forced him and a lot of other writers into a direction I don't enjoy too much personally. I agree that Blinding Lights was a breath of fresh air and I hope that this new wave of retro pop can give his melody genius a little revival.