• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

BoA - "Look Who's Talkin" (co-written by Britney Spears)

Started by starstruck52, March 22, 2009, 04:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

starstruck52

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXGM_pQ-xu8

I think it's funny how Sabine said "Britney can't write music" in another thread, but other artists are using her songs. ;)

What do you guys think of it? 8)

Rebecca

Hi Starstruck, yes, we spoke a little about this song in this thread:

http://www.discopumper.de/smf/index.php?topic=510.msg13811#new

however, it can have it's own thread!

when I listened to it I thought it was quite good, but it didn't really stick in my head. Bloodshy & Avant are hit and miss for me.

I do agree with Sabine in that Britney is not a songwriter, she may have some co-writing credits here and there (like this song) but most pop singers get songwriting credits and probably mainly for lyrics not music. I don't mean that as a criticism as not everyone can be a songwriter. Britney is an amazing performer and I love her songs and that's enough for me. (sorry, maybe I should have put that in the Britney thread).

Raul_esp

starstruck52

Quote from: Rebecca on March 22, 2009, 11:08:49 AM
I do agree with Sabine in that Britney is not a songwriter, she may have some co-writing credits here and there (like this song) but most pop singers get songwriting credits and probably mainly for lyrics not music. I don't mean that as a criticism as not everyone can be a songwriter. Britney is an amazing performer and I love her songs and that's enough for me. (sorry, maybe I should have put that in the Britney thread).

I'm not saying she's the best songwriter in the world or anything...

But she's not bad at all.

Rebecca

Yeah, it's very hard to tell about her songwriting as she's writing with other hit songwriters. I think she can play the piano though?

Unexpected

Quote from: Rebecca on March 22, 2009, 09:48:20 PM
Yeah, it's very hard to tell about her songwriting as she's writing with other hit songwriters. I think she can play the piano though?

Well britney is not great songwriter but the songs she wrote is not bad (Everytime & Someday) though they are not something special; still they're good songs.

and I guess she can play the piano, I saw it on her show once (if I remember correctly)

starstruck52

Britney playing piano:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRhIo0UpUGg

And "Everytime" is one of her biggest hits ever. It did better than "Oops!", "Stronger", "Overprotected", etc.

*Sabine*

She can play some piano yes, not like her level is really high though.

Sorry if my words on Brit sounded rash, I didn't mean to bash(you know how much I love her) but I'm just being realistic. It's not just Britney, I'm annoyed when they get credited just for writing some lines of the lyrics. This is nothing compared to writing the melody, producing and mixing...

Rebecca

Quote from: starstruck52 on March 22, 2009, 11:36:16 PM
Britney playing piano:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRhIo0UpUGg

And "Everytime" is one of her biggest hits ever. It did better than "Oops!", "Stronger", "Overprotected", etc.

Thanks, it was nice to watch Britney. Yes, it was a huge hit.

*Sabine*

Yes, huge hit and I remember I was surprised!
Personnally, I don't like this song much, I just never feel like playing it. It's just too sad for me and I don't like Sigsworth's productions. They sound hollow to me..  ???

Rebecca

I was surprised too, I think it was no.1 in Australia for ages. It's a nice song but not on the level of Cheiron!

*Sabine*

About the song by the way, I'm glad Britney rejected it!!  ;D

starstruck52

Quote from: *Sabine* on March 23, 2009, 10:03:57 AM
She can play some piano yes, not like her level is really high though.
Nobody said she was an extraordinary piano player, but she does know her chords, notes, keys, etc. She knows more than the pop artist.