• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Leona Lewis Works with Max and Kristian Lundin.

Started by Feelgoodlies, May 18, 2009, 09:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feelgoodlies

QuoteAccording to new reports, X-Factor superstar Leona Lewis is set to work with producer Max Martin on her sophomore album.

News of the collaboration broke when model/socialite Natalie Andersson spilled the beans during a post on her personal blog, stating that she was staying at Max's Hollywood Hills pad and that he was in his home studio working on tracks for Leona's new album.

It's also recently been revealed that Lewis has been in the studio with R&B producer Novel, and songwriter John Shanks. Novel is best known for his work with Stacie Orrico, as well as producing Leona's "Forgive Me" b-side "Myself", whilst Shanks previous work includes Hilary Duff, Ashlee Simpson, and Alanis Morrisette.

Leona's sophomore album is set for release later this year, and will also feature contributions from Justin Timberlake, Ryan Tedder, James Faunterloy, Jay-Z, will.i.am, Timbaland, and Xenomania
Source

Good news, but I am more excited for his Jordin collaboration!

Raul_esp

Woww , Great news , one amazing ballad is coming !!

nshinnosuke

Leona with John Shanks??????
he's the king of female pop/rock, having worked on many albums at one time in 2004 (Alanis,Melissa Etheridge,Lindsay Lohan,Hilary Duff,Ashlee Simpson,Kelly,Diana Degarmo) but his recent releases are mostly country songs...

*Sabine*

Excellent news!  ;D Leona is perfection so Max + Leona will be double perfection!
And the even better news for us is that with Leona we should get a "classic" Max song, not the Dr Luke pop rock style...  :D
Very happy that Ryan Tedder is also said to be involved.

Rebecca

I'm always excited to hear more Max songs! but really not that excited about Leona Lewis, though I hope a good song will change my mind, I don't want a ballad, I want an uptempo!. Definitely not excited about her working with Ryan Tedder. Yeah, John Shanks has not had a pop hit for a while, but it should be good.

Hey, here is Natalie Andersson's blog, she doesn't exactly mention Max Martin, just keeps on saying her friend:

http://natalieandersson.blogspot.com/

klukan

This is very good news!! Leona Lewis is a fantastic singer, one of the world's best at the moment imo. And you're right both Max and Leona is perfection so this is gonna be very exciting.. Some of the tracks might be ballads but I also think she can do mid-tempo songs very well. And even though "Bleeding Love" is a kind of ballad, the beat is not so ballad'ish and I think Max and Leona can do that kind of songs perfectly..But let's see how many songs get cut

klukan

I can see that Natalie Andersson is denying the Max rumors on her blog now, but when you read the original article there's no doubt that it is him. Britney, Pink, Nsync is mentioned. As far as I remember neither Dr. Luke, Rami or anyone else has worked with all of these acts...

*Sabine*

Well at one point, I also thought she might be talking about Andreas, as he does have a house in LA (I don't think it's Max's case). Well, the only thing is that she mentioned Pink and indeed, Max is the only producer all those artists have in common.

I also think Max's style could fit Leona really well. I was talking about Andreas, well I actually thought he produced Bleeding Love when I first heard it. I think it sounds very much like I'm Alive, that is, all the rhytmic pattern and especially at the beginning of the song. Anyone agrees with me?

Rebecca

It's Rami's house!

There's a photo of him with another guy under the post "Will I Ever Find Mr Right"?

Why would she deny it's Max's house if it really is? I mean, he's not a household name (unfortunately).

If you look closely at the photo of the studio with all those gold records on it, as well as Millenium, Oops, Black & Blue, Nsync, Baby One More Time, there is also JLo and 98 degrees. Okay, so I didn't think Rami worked on JLo or 98 degrees, but Arnthor worked on both of them, so maybe it's a studio that Rami shares with Arnthor. And we know that Rami lives between LA and Sweden.
I also thought it weird that Max would have a very beautiful woman staying with him, doesn't he have a girlfriend, the mother of his daughter? Not that it seems that Natalie is having a relationship with whoever owns this house, but it would be more appropriate that it's Rami as Rami is single. Not that I'm judging here!

Also, didn't we hear rumours that Rami will be working with BSB?

I too considered that it might be Andreas's house, but now I see a photo of Rami, it's gotta be his house!

And also, Rami worked a lot with Westlife, probably Simon Cowell also asked him to work with Leona, I think Simon Cowell is involved with Leona's career, maybe.

Sabine, I never really considered that Bleeding Love is like an Andreas Carlsson production, but yeah, it is a bit. I also think Andreas would work well with Leona.

klukan

Haha it's almost like being a detective. :)

Very good points Rebecca.. And very nice that you spotted Rami on the picture. I didn't. Actually, I'm really in doubt here because you never know if the information about the artists is true. Often, you hear names of artists in the same sentence as producers and songwriters whom they never worked with. So we can't be sure about Britney, Pink & Nsync which, indeed, is what our guesses are based on. Especially, Pink excludes a lot of possible producers.
We can be quite sure that it is one of the former Cheiron or Maratone guys but I think we have to keep the patience to find out the exact person!  :D

Sabine --> Also, I never really considered "Bleeding Love" and "I'm Alive" similar but I can see the similarities in the beginning with the pad (maybe the same chords and key?). I don't think the rhythms are similar, though.

I'm looking forward to find new clues in this Rami/Leona/Max case.....  ;D

Rebecca

Yeah, it is like being a detective!

Hopefully we'll get some more clues.

NIKLAS"NiCkY"

In the photo it´s Rami and ex Location producer Carl Falk that did 4 songs to Aj Mclean album together with kristian lundin...
If you can dream it, you can be it.

Rebecca

aah, thanks Nicky, I thought the guy with Rami must also be songwriter but couldn't place him.

Rosita

Carl Faulk is mentioned by Nick Carter in his twitter... He said they were written a ong to Jennifer Page... :D

Rebecca

Carl Faulk and Nick Carter are writing a song for Jennifer Page? I didn't realise she was still around.