• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Glee Cast - Extraordinary Merry Christmas

Started by Feelgoodlies, August 04, 2012, 11:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feelgoodlies

Guys I just wanted to tell you about this Glee song which sounds absolutely good. It's an original song from them not a cover.

The intro sounds like their previously produced Max Martin songs (Loser Like Me and Light Up The World), it has a big chorus and catchy verses! <3 I wonder who produced it, he totally ripped Max!

"Listen"

Your thoughts?

Alex Martin

Rebecca

gm33

Cool!

Well, it was written by none other than  Peer Åström along with Adam Anders and Shelly Peiken. Peer was also a co-writer on Loser Like Me (Writer(s)    Adam Anders, Peer Åström, Savan Kotecha, Max Martin, Shellback  Producer: Max Martin, Shellback, Adam Anders) and Light Up the World (Writer(s): Adam Anders, Peer Åström, Max Martin, Johan Schuster, Savan Kotecha, Producer:    Adam Anders, Max Martin).

There's a couple of other "original" songs by Glee, most of them by Astrom/Anders.

Glee: The Music, Volume 5
15.    "Get It Right"      Adam Anders, Nikki Hassman, Peer Åström    Original composition    3:47
16.    "Loser Like Me"      Anders, Åström, Savan Kotecha, Max Martin, Johan Schuster[4]    Original composition

Glee: The Music, Volume 6
16.    "As Long as You're There" (featuring Charice)    Adam Anders, Peer Åström, Claude Kelly    Original composition    4:16
17.    "Pretending"      Anders, Åström, Shelly Peiken    Original composition    3:57
18.    "Light Up the World"      Anders, Åström, Max Martin, Shellback, Savan Kotecha    Original composition    3:4

Glee: The Music, The Christmas Album Volume 2
2.    "Extraordinary Merry Christmas"      Adam Anders, Peer Åström, Shelly Peiken    Glee Cast original    3:39
4.    "Christmas Eve with You"      Anders, Åström, Peiken    Glee Cast original

Peer Åström I think produces a lot of the other cover albums, so the instrumentation sounds good. And of course, a lot of Max songs are covered!
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

Raul_esp

Feelgoodlies

Glad you also liked guys..

Thanks gm33 for the full credits. I agree, Per is really good when it comes to instrumentation, they sound exactly like the original ones, I think I'm gonna like him as a producer too!

Joshua

I like it! It's nice to have a Christmas song in this style... makes me feel like getting in the spirit already. Just wish the vocals in Glee songs didn't sound so Disney like, but I know they're going for the whole sing-a-long vibe.