• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max Martin in a Swedish Metro Article today (jan 15th 2014)

Started by ShockdioN, January 15, 2014, 03:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Steady

Quote from: ShockdioN on January 15, 2014, 04:33:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARwMHDjuoKU

this is the song by him that everyones talking about..

amazing voice, the progression is slowly getting old lol ... reminds me of Beyoncé's I Was Here

PS: before listening to this song i was listening to Jason Derulo's In My Head and Fight For You, same progression lol ...
Vila i frid Dag

ShockdioN

j.fco.morales

georg_e

turnaround

Quote from: georg_e on January 15, 2014, 03:44:35 PM
       Thanks, that's cool! So crazy, that "Metro" is the exact same design/graphics as the one they hand out at the subways here in NYC...guess they're all over the world like that....like the "CocaCola" of newspapers :-)
We don't have that :(

Would be cool. We only have silly TVs with commercial and some news/entertainment stuff.

Don't like that voice. And the song is a bit bland.
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

Quote from: turnaround on January 15, 2014, 11:29:41 PM
We don't have that :(

Would be cool. We only have silly TVs with commercial and some news/entertainment stuff.

Don't like that voice. And the song is a bit bland.

A bit a lot. I think they're friends of have some mutual friends, because I think he doesn't deserve the hype.
There's waaaaay more talented people around: why don't we open a thread about that?

Axel

hmm I'm a bit surprised you guys don't like the song. I think it's fantastic. He has a good voice, but most of all, this song offers something new. It features parts that I have not heard like this before in a pop song (e.g. the distorted rap-lines). Of course this certainly was done thousands of times in other songs.. but to me, this offered something new. And I may be alone with this view but: I think chord progressions are overrated. Of course it's nice and sexy when there's a nice chord change etc.. and I wish I was actually better at it... but calling a song bland just because the chords repeat is a little easy to me. Most stunning songs are actually very simple when it comes to chords (Alicia Keys' Fallin' anyone?). It stands or falls with the melody. And I really loved it in this song.

Also recommendable is his song "Soldier" of which there's an acoustic version with a piano on youtube. Will be interesting to follow the fella.

ShockdioN

I dont like the song either lol. I have heard tracks he have made with my friend Sep, and they are way better !!! Some even sounded very Redoneish

georg_e

nznexus

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.