• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga (Rami, Jörgen, Andreas)

Started by turnaround, June 22, 2020, 10:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

This is an upcoming soundtrack for the Netflix film "The Story of Fire Saga"
Eurovision Song Contest film by Netflix.

Track 1: Savan Kotecha, Arnthor Birgisson & Rami Yacoub
Track 2: Savan Kotecha, Rami Yacoub & Johan Carlson
Track 3: Savan Kotecha & Rami Yacoub
Track 6 by Demi Lovato: Jörgen Elofsson
Track 9: Andreas Carlsson, Christoffer Lauridsen & Andreas Öberg
Track 15: Savan Kotecha, Arnthor Birgisson & Rami Yacoub

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/eurovision-song-contest-story-fire-saga-music-from/1519359235
And I liked it..

nanofives

Arnthor-Rami-Savan? I wonder if those are covers, new songs or old songs never released?

AlexanderLaBrea

New songs. Very interesting this! In Sweden Eurovision is a really big thing and people jokingly tend to say sometimes "what if Max Martin entered the contest". This is probably the closest thing, haha :D

j.fco.morales

Quote from: nanofives on June 24, 2020, 01:33:25 AM
Arnthor-Rami-Savan? I wonder if those are covers, new songs or old songs never released?

As far as I remember Arnthor, Rami and Savan worked together back on 2006-2007 for Westlife's Back Home and Shayne Ward's Breathless, both released by Syco.

Savan and Arnthor did Say OK by Vanessa Hudgens on 2007. Around that time they also wrote and produced a couple of songs recorded by Emilia de Poret, Enrique Iglesias and a couple more recorded by Leona Lewis in 2009. In 2010 they did some stuff for the Obsession album by Shayne Ward.

Rami and Savan did a lot of stuff for One Direction with Carl Falk since 2012.

I think these are covers.
Usually Eurovision entries are cheesy AF and I don't think they have the budget to get original songs hahaha  ::)
Plus, Iceland are the weirdest -and sometimes the coolest!- entries and considering the movie is a comedy -which is playing with clichés- it could make sense.

I absolutely loved the Iceland song from 2019, check it out!

AlexanderLaBrea

Seems highly unlikely that they are covers seeing as all songs are written by the same "crew". Would defeat the whole purpose of the movie and if they we're covers there would have been different writers for different songs. These will probably be Savan and the guys' take on the quintessential tacky Eurovision song.

Also note that one song has already been released, "Volcano Man" which is exactly that.

turnaround

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/album/0u6ppFo3gWA3vTiGeDTWXl?si=2VsPtcvgT3uQMgF2NBSx0A[/spotify]
You can check the credits in Spotify.

Which was the last album that Andreas Carlsson, Rami Yacoub and Jörgen Elofsson were all involved??
And I liked it..

nanofives

So... we get a film version, a Tiesto remix but not the original song? That's the Arnthor one and I'm pretty sure it's not a cover, it's not even on ASCAP so it might be new. He also liked Savan's instagram post about the film.
Is this the first time Savan is a credited artist?

j.fco.morales

nanofives

It was nice to hear Savan singing. His lyrics are awkward, like something he would write for Ariana.
Double Trouble it's heavily influenced by the movie pacing. Arnthor's sound is kinda drown, it's way too different from what he did with Rami back then.
I'm surprised Savan produced Lion Of Love all by himself.

bugmenot

This soundtrack is popular, 1,8 mil actually listening to Jaja ding dong on Spotify...

klukan

I think Shellback & The Struts listened to 'Double Trouble' before writing this one for Ava Max:  :P
https://open.spotify.com/track/4iFZNXZN0Tl8qX6DG3AGyO?si=m1UTmMKUSyaD3t2TctA6DQ

Am I the only one hearing the similarities?  ;D