• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Cady Groves "We're The Shit" and....

Started by georg_e, June 25, 2013, 03:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georg_e

"Good Feeling" (Flo Rida) -- released 2011.  "Die Young" -- released 2012.   "We're The Shit" -- released 2011......  So..... who wrote this guitar/hook ? It's also used as vocal melody of verses of both "Die Young" and "We're The Shit" and it's  major hook on both songs......

('' We're The Shit'')    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6BtvDb6cA4     ASCAP has Carl Falk, K. Lundin as writers.....

The common denominator?  Cady Groves tweeted this a while back.......

Follow

cady grovesVerified account
‏@cadygroves
I don't wanna brag but Kesha and I have the same a&r at our label which basically makes us sisters BYEEE

Joshua

I'd say there's a definite connection between Cady & Ke$ha's, strange that neither Carl or Kristian get a credit on "Die Young" though. Maybe it's based on an uncredited sample that none of them wrote in the first place. Very interesting indeed. I watched an episode of her reality series the other day that covered the recording of the album, and it really seemed like a major rush to get it together in the time frame she was given. She was struggling for inspiration and when it finally came, it was mostly in the direction of old school rock that the label didn't care for. To me it's a strong album, and if someone had told me it took years to write I would've believed them. But the doco made it seem like a major rush job that she struggled to get into.

The riff in Flo Rida's doesn't use the same progression (though still the same four chords in a different order). Surely it's some sort of a rip off though, the style is a little too similar to be a coincidence I would think.

B Steady

even more interesting than the chord similarity is the similarity in the vocal melody in my opinion, hilarious :D
Vila i frid Dag

J_A24

Chords will be chords, rythm will be rythm. But as B Steady said, what's truly intriguing is the similarities in the voice melodies.

Joshua

Quote from: J_A24 on June 28, 2013, 06:58:30 PM
Chords will be chords, rythm will be rythm. But as B Steady said, what's truly intriguing is the similarities in the voice melodies.

Which just further proves that one song led to the other.

B Steady

Just noticed that a few other very famous songs have the same chord progression:

Taio Cruz - Dynamite
Ke$ha - Blind
will.i.am feat. Miley Cyrus - Fall Down

and last but not least the "Shape of my heart" bridge!
Vila i frid Dag

J_A24

I heard an old song from the 80's-90's that had exactly the same little melody on it's pre-chorus, it's a pretty known song too, but I just can't remember the name or the chorus. Maybe the reference comes from there.