• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Shayne Ward! First single by MAX! IF THAT'S OK WITH YOU // ALBUM "BREATHLESS"

Started by turnaround, January 09, 2007, 03:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

Yeah, I think people will all first think "what's this" but it has such a great production, it just needs some time and the melody is gorgeous :)
And I liked it..

Linda

emjay

At first I was like wtf.. then it gets better. It's not bad.. not great though

It's got a radio-friendly feel, actually.

Alex Martin

Sound very strange. I don't like very much......

turnaround

And I liked it..

Linda

PG

I think Shayne said in an interview somewhere it was his [Shayne's] voice....let me check...

Yup; I'm not sure how to embed videos here, but this very strange Popworld interview has him saying that it's his voice.

turnaround

And I liked it..

turnaround

And I liked it..

Linda

turnaround

Quote from: "Linda"^nice...

When is it out?
Download 19th August
Physical single 20th August

:wink:
And I liked it..

Linda

turnaround

Oops, I just noticed I forgot to add it's out in AUGUST.  :oops:  :cry:
And I liked it..

Linda

PG

Good to know about the release date!  That seems so far away, though :(

More news about the album from Digital Spy:

QuoteDS presents an exclusive preview of the new Shayne Ward album, which is so hot off the press that it doesn't even have a name yet. You want the good news? Well, someone – a shaven-headed someone who may or may not have won The X Factor a couple of years ago – has obviously been listening to a lot of Justin Timberlake and Rihanna recently. This person might just have been practising his dance moves too. What's more, we'd hazard a guess that he's been indulging in a fair bit of jigginess of late. But there's some bad news too: the album's not out until October. And there's nothing about nearly-drowned midgets on it. Sob!

'If That's OK With You'

The album's first single is co-written by Max 'Since U Been Gone' Martin, but there's not a scorching guitar riff in sight. Its shuffling, calypso-style rhythm track and effortless melody make it the perfect soundtrack to the last days of summer. Good job that it's out at the end of August, eh? The track's love-it-or-hate feature is the vocoder effect on the last line of the chorus, which makes Shayne sound a bit like Stephen Hawking's teenage daughter.

'Track 2'

The album's big ballad! The spare production – featuring occasional electro blips and some understated strings – houses a killer vocal from Shayne. In fact, he hits a note at the end that'll have a certain Mr. Timberlake quivering in his converse. But what should we make of this lyrical nugget: "If we had babies, they'd have your eyes. I'd fall deeper watching you give life." Is Shayne suggesting that the sight of a baby's head squeezing out of his girlfriend's unmentionables is enough to make him fall head over heels? Eek.

'Track 3'

Is this electro-R&B club banger an answer song to the Pussycat Dolls' 'Don't Cha?' Over marching band drum rolls and propulsive synth washes, Shayne coos "you make me wish I didn't have a girlfriend". This one's sweatier than a marathon runner's sneakers - but in a good way. It makes you imagine Shayne whipping his top off in a packed nightclub which – given the evidence to the left – wouldn't exactly be unpleasant, would it?

'Track 4'

This mid-tempo electro-pop smoochathon is about a girl who keeps Shayne "up on the phone all night". Phwoar! This tune dares Shayne to show off his finest JT-style falsetto, and he doesn't shirk the challenge. The best song about phone sex ever.

(For some reason I can't get URL links to work, or else I'd link to the article itself.)