• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Avril Lavigne - Rock n Roll (not produced by Max Martin)

Started by turnaround, April 08, 2013, 11:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_A24

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on November 10, 2013, 04:31:24 AM
remembering when everyone here was SO SURE that Rock N Roll sounded like a Max Martin production. people who "loved him," "knew his work," etc were dead set on it and I always knew he didn't. album booklet is out obviously and Peter Svensson, Martin Johnson, and some other guy did it.

Not only the production, but the songwriting is heavily influenced by Max Martin. Peter Svensson is one of Max's best friends after all.

Joshua

Quote from: J_A24 on November 12, 2013, 05:43:38 AM
Not only the production, but the songwriting is heavily influenced by Max Martin. Peter Svensson is one of Max's best friends after all.

Don't forget Max did additional programming/keyboards on it too!

J_A24

Quote from: Joshua on November 12, 2013, 01:20:00 PM
Don't forget Max did additional programming/keyboards on it too!

Makes a lot of sense, the drums are very Max Martin. He probably did some drum replacement and added a few synths.

Jules

ASCAP:

"Don't Fuck This Up"

BORRERO MARCO DANIEL
CARLSSON JOHAN JENS ERIK
HINDLIN JACOB KASHER
MAX MARTIN

Performers:

AVRIL LAVIGNE
EMBLEM3

Rejected from both of their albums??  :o

B Steady

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on November 10, 2013, 04:31:24 AM
remembering when everyone here was SO SURE that Rock N Roll sounded like a Max Martin production. people who "loved him," "knew his work," etc were dead set on it and I always knew he didn't. album booklet is out obviously and Peter Svensson, Martin Johnson, and some other guy did it.

So you knew you were wrong and didn't read the whole booklet? Interesting story!
Vila i frid Dag

Axel

B Steady

Quote from: Axel on January 23, 2014, 09:09:30 AM
looks like it flopped massively though?

Number 1 in South Korea, how can you call that a flop!? ;D

But it sold at least 100,000 copies in japan
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

She had worldwide hits back then. Now she doesn't.
That's it.

I think her fans grew up, and she's stuck in her teenage.

turnaround

And I liked it..

bugmenot

Spotify keeps adding me this song to my Favorites. Such desperate a way to promote a song.
With all my love to Lavigne, it seems stupid.

turnaround

Avril Lavigne, Johan Carlsson, Justin Gary, Melissa Bel & Ryan Cabrera

Producer: Avril Lavigne, Johan Carlsson, Justin Gary, Melissa Bel & Ryan Cabrera

Strings by Mathias Bylund

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/7IilckkBVWxViiyT7hY8v5?si=zhHZOcIRQaOluNVl-7LNwg[/spotify]
And I liked it..

melodicmoonlight

Better than Head Above Water

She's lost a certain quality to her voice... what happened?

nanofives

Tell me it's over really grew on me.
The one thing that's outstanding to me is the last chorus, just before it starts seems like it's going to change the key but it doesn't, it's just as powerful without the awfulness of forcing her vocals being higher, and the only thing that's being added are some vocals on top. Very nice work from Johan.

melodicmoonlight

I like this, definitely Bonnie vibes but it works for Avril. I'd love to hear Avril do something like American Girl or S.L.A.Y. A return to form...

j.fco.morales

Album is out tomorrow.

I listened to it: I didn't like it. Guitars and 808s, drum programming... not my cup of tea.
Nothing special, everyone is doing pretty much something like this.