• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Doja Cat

Started by georg_e, January 25, 2014, 06:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

Quote from: nanofives on May 31, 2020, 07:24:43 PM
He's the best raper in the business, we need more predators like him, less refrigerators like Kesha and more pandemics to boost his charts.

I laughed hard on this hahahaha

AlexanderLaBrea

Quote from: Snipes3000 on May 31, 2020, 11:00:11 PM
listening to what Loctor Duke has done over the years from roughly 2006 till now, he has been way more consistent than Max Martin. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point Loctor Duke will have more #1's than Max Martin

From 2004 until they stopped working together in like late 2014 they had a ton of hits together but Max had 26 top 10's, out of which 7 went nr. 1 without any Dr. Luke involvement. After they stopped working together Max has gone on to have 16 further top 10 songs out of which 3 were nr. 1's.

Luke on the other hand had 13 top 10's with 3 reaching nr. 1 on his own during their time. After Max stopped working with him, he have had 2 top 10's, 1 nr. 1 in 5 years.

I would argue that saying Luke is more consistent is kind of odd. Of course taste is subjective and it's totally okay with liking his sound better, but in most listeners opinion, the charts and on an artist development standpoint and all that, Max has definitely been the way more consistent one.

And no there is zero point zero chances of Luke having more nr. 1's than Max. What are you talking about?

Snipes3000

Right, I'm speaking from a subjective point of view purely based on the music without looking at anything else, apart from the genre it is in. Nothing objective, cause it ain't hard to win with an A-list artist against AWAL artists or less charming artists, as superb as Max and Luke both are.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

j.fco.morales

I would love to know why they stopped working together.

nanofives

Same with Rami, Arnthor, jorgen, per, David, Alexandra, John, Jake and Andreas.

j.fco.morales

New single Kiss Me More out tomorrow.

Written by ​tizhimself, Dr. Luke, Rogét Chahayed, Carter Lang, Yeti Beats, SZA & Doja Cat.

Sounds good, a bit like Say So.

melodicmoonlight

Phew, the song is sublime. Love the groove, guitar, I smell another hit for her. And a collab with SZA at that!? Gold

nanofives

I'm really loving this song, when I've heard it at first I thought the song had shitty quality, then I realized it was Youtube's fault, on Spotify the song sounds great

turnaround

And I liked it..

melodicmoonlight

[SPOTIFY]https://open.spotify.com/track/3vySEUpD0tc801F2WZDLYw?si=b574b9e383734bc8[/SPOTIFY]

Written by Lourdiz, Doja Cat, Michael Stevenson

Produced by Mike Crook, Ryan Ogren, Dr. Luke

nanofives

Old song or Doja just trashtalked Dr. Luke to avoid press going against her?
It's catchy though, it's very similar to Like That

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: nanofives on February 25, 2022, 12:48:04 PM
Old song or Doja just trashtalked Dr. Luke to avoid press going against her?
It's catchy though, it's very similar to Like That

Similar to kiss me more and cyber sex, as well.

I personally think she trashtalked him to get fans and the public on her side. Meanwhile she gets a pass whenever she works with him...