• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

New Kesha Album (snippet by Dr Luke)

Started by turnaround, June 06, 2012, 07:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

And I liked it..

Khan9898

I doubt it, the song was written way before the shooting and it was unfortunate. But many artists these days don't always have the say in picking singles, album songs, or even what they wear cause management and the label have so much say.

Joshua

I bought "Warrior" the other day and I'm really enjoying it. I never thought I'd buy a Ke$ha record, but "C'mon" got me hooked. It's seriously worth a listen to and only took one or two listens to grow on me. Definitely check out "Love Into The Light" and "Thinking Of You". Some tracks are very Katy Perry (especially "Supernatural"), and somehow "Out Alive" starts out as a twin brother to "Scream" by Usher.

Anyone else got it?

Rebecca

I bought Warrior too, I like it much better than Animal. I love C'mon and All That Matters, I listen to both those songs nearly every day.

Joshua

turnaround

C'Mon flopped sadly, didn't it?

The album also didn't do as well as expected.

New single already announced:

Crazy Kids - (Remix mit will.i.am)

http://www.allaccess.com/audio/player?audio_id=2567

And I liked it..

Joshua

Yeah I'm so sad it flopped, all my favourites have lately. "Crazy Kids" seemed to be a popular choice for a single by the fans. I really hope will.i.am hasn't destroyed it though.

EDIT: I just had a listen, and will.i.am's part is so unnecessary. It's there simply to get this higher in the charts, which is fair enough considering the performance of "C'mon"... but I've seriously had enough of him. >:(

Axel

I don't understand either why C'mon (or Kesha in general) flopped lately. The song has all the ingredients of a smash. Are people just fed up with Kesha as a person? Or has her squeaky way of "singing" verses worn off a bit? I don't know. And I guess we always won't know what makes a hit and what doesn't, and it probably is better that way. Like this stuff like Gangnam Style can happen out of the blue, and I love that.

Raul_esp

A pity the flop , this williiam rap is so unnecessary.

Joshua

I really struggle sometimes to understand what makes a particular single so successful. It can be hard to shift from your own perspective. I mean, I have to ask myself how "C'mon" could have possibly performed any worse than "Die Young". I think "C'mon" is by far the better track. But, how many music buyers are judging these songs based on what we do? Probably very few. For most it's just about that overall feeling a song gives them, which could simply be down to a great beat, or a particular lyric. Not to mention all the other aspects like Ke$ha's celebrity status, how the song comes across in clubs, the promotion, the music video... there are so many factors.

Maybe if "C'mon" had been released first up it would've made number two and "Die Young" would've flopped. It could be as simple as that. I dunno. ???

Rebecca

I'm sad "C'mon" flopped, it's such a great song. I think people could be tired of Kesha, she has the same image as the first album (party girl). It's a shame, this album is so much better.

Probably will i am is just what Crazy kids needs to be a hit. People love will i am.

Joshua

Yeah I think you guys are right, to most people it was probably not different or fresh enough, just same old Ke$ha, despite the song itself being brilliant in our eyes. Don't most big artists get away with not evolving too much from their first to second album though?

turnaround

It gets worse.

A Pitbull remix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nSWbzNbUdeg

As Popjustice said:
It seemed like she was massive at the end of the first album campaign, and now it seems like she is not massive at all.
And I liked it..

B Steady

To me Warrior is one of the best albums ever!
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

Miss Kesha: My Crazy Beautiful Life last night? Watch the full episode at MTV - http://on.mtv.com/YZt2QI

Anyone watched this and knows if Max/Luke are in it??
And I liked it..