• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Carly Rae Jepsen - I Really Like You (new album with Max and Rami)

Started by turnaround, March 01, 2015, 06:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

Run Away With Me is the next single. Good choice. Shellback nails it.
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

It's so underated, there's lot of good pop songs in the album!

Rebecca

I love Run Away With Me.

So, there is no Max on the album? bummer.

j.fco.morales

Carly Rae Jepsen names Max while being interviewed by Sam Lansky in Times magazine: http://time.com/4002571/carly-rae-jepsen-emotion-new-album/

One of my favorite songs on the album actually is a bonus track—"I Didn't Just Come Here to Dance." Where did that song come from?

I liked the idea of going out with my girlfriends at that time, and they were like, "I just came here to dance." You see them in their skimpy-friend outfits, and they spend forever on their hair—I just felt like calling them out and being like, "No, you didn't! And that's fine! But have the balls to f—ing say it!" I was like, "Somebody needs to be brave and say, 'I did not just come here to dance, if you know what I mean.'" When I went to Sweden to meet Max Martin for the first time, I had one intention, and it was to show him this [song]. We got through "Tonight I'm Getting Over You," and it was the end of our session—we got done at maybe midnight, one o'clock, and he has a daughter so it's not like he wanted to go until five a.m. I was like, "OK—I never thought I'd meet you, I grew up idolizing your writing, and even if it's just to have you listen to this one little jingle of a line—this is what I want to show you. I think it's good." I showed it to him, and he was like, "It is good." And he stayed for an extra two hours with me, and we jammed out together.

You got Max Martin to stay up for you!

I was walking home on a cloud. I called my parents and woke them up.

turnaround

Oh that is interesting.

But obviously Max did not change anything essential on that song, he did not get a credit for it.

And I liked it..

turnaround

The album has eventually been released in the US. Doing OK on iTunes.

The only Cheiron input is Rami on Your Type.

Bass, Composer, Instrumentation, Producer, Programming
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

There's a remix version of Emotion available worldwide.

Contains two new tracks:
First Time: Carly Rae Jepsen, RAMI YACOUB, Carl Falk & Wayne Hector
Fever: Carly Rae Jepsen, Kyle Shearer, Nate Campany & Saul Alexander Castillo Vasquez

gm33

I got to hang out with her last night! She's super sweet. When I mentioned what's Max Martin like, her eyes lit up and she basically said "he's incredible!"

Max is actually thanked in the liner notes of the album (even though he's not listed anywhere) and there's so many Wolf Cousin and MXM publishing credits on each song. What a great album, one of the best pop albums in a long time.

I heard her perform First Time, too. It's awesome.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

j.fco.morales

Quote from: gm33 on March 25, 2016, 03:41:56 AM
I got to hang out with her last night! She's super sweet. When I mentioned what's Max Martin like, her eyes lit up and she basically said "he's incredible!"

Max is actually thanked in the liner notes of the album (even though he's not listed anywhere) and there's so many Wolf Cousin and MXM publishing credits on each song. What a great album, one of the best pop albums in a long time.

I heard her perform First Time, too. It's awesome.

Tell us more!

melodicmoonlight

A fun little thing I learned tonight:

I was talking to a guy I was bartending with tonight (at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction) and he happened to mention how he was excited to play at the Panorama festival. He told me he plays sax in Blood Orange. He told me about touring and how Dev doesn't like touring too much. Then I mention how I like his work with Carly and he said that the song "All That" was originally offered to Britney Spears. Cool I thought! I don't know if she ever recorded it but she obviously passed on it (or her team). It's funny because the verses have a similar melody to Britney's "Sometimes," so I'm sure Dev was inspired by it and then to pitch it to Britney... I just thought that was really cool. Imagine Britney on that track. Honestly would be a cool vibe for her to try out - totally left field for her.

Love learning about stuff like this- and so randomly. The guy, Jason, just happened to be best friends with Dev's bass player or something, then hit it off with Dev himself.

uberweiss

Quote from: j.fco.morales on March 21, 2016, 09:38:02 PM
There's a remix version of Emotion available worldwide.

Contains two new tracks:
First Time: Carly Rae Jepsen, RAMI YACOUB, Carl Falk & Wayne Hector
Fever: Carly Rae Jepsen, Kyle Shearer, Nate Campany & Saul Alexander Castillo Vasquez

I love "First Time", but is this definitely true? Does not sound like Falk/Yacoub to me.

nanofives

Its registered on ASCAP so I think its true, I feel like it isn't from them too.

j.fco.morales

Carly Rae talking about When I Needed You and the process of the song.
Even includes the original demo.

https://soundcloud.com/hrishihirway/song-exploder-carly-rae-jepsen

j.fco.morales

http://www.thefader.com/2016/08/12/carly-rae-jepsen-danny-l-harle-super-natural-interview

I really started [the new album] from a disco-inspired place. Like Donna Summer: dreamy, sexy disco. I think I have about 17 songs that were started [on tour], just as little demos, that I [then brought] to Sweden. I went to Sweden for two and a half weeks, and I worked with a lot of the people I worked with on the last album, Mattman and Robin, and I had sessions with Karl [Johan Schuster] and Rami [Yacoub]. When we were in Sweden, we probably had seven or eight completely new ideas. That's the fun right now: to just write and play, and listen back, and see what's starting to feel right. It's still so new.