• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Daye Jack working with Max Martin

Started by turnaround, June 15, 2016, 01:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

You're working with Max Martin. Does that mean you're moving toward a more Pop feel with your album?

It's very different. I think this is literally the best music I've made to date. I guess you can call it moving more Pop, but I feel like it's more layered. Maybe with some of the older songs – not to take anything away from them  – I might try to do the most complex bars and be very direct. I feel like this new stuff is more Pop in the sense that it's simple, but there are layers underneath.

What you're describing to me kind of sounds like what The Weeknd did working with Max. His stuff before that was kind of heavy, and then when they got together Max smoothed it out a little bit.

I think that's the same sort of transition [for me].

http://allhiphop.com/2016/02/22/exclusive-daye-jack-atlanta-killer-mike-max-martin-beyonce

On wikipedia there is a song listed:

"350 Days" (Daye Jack, Ali Payami, Max Martin)
And I liked it..

nanofives

Yes, it was registered on ASCAP not so long ago, this will be interesting, Daye did a very good job with Tori Kelly last year, hope we can see more from LULOU too soon.