• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max with Dido?

Started by turnaround, March 20, 2007, 06:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

Maybe someone can answer this..

Does anyone know how the collaboration for "I'm not a girl, not yet a woman" happened?

Did Britney want to have a "girl" having input in the song and so asked Dido to write with Max, or was it Max's idea?

Who had the first idea, as this was the title track for the movie somehow, maybe the movie producers?

Anyone knows the story behind, and is it possible that Dido wrote more with Max?
And I liked it..

Rebecca

I have a very vague memory. It's on the MTV making of the video for I'm Not A Girl..  Britney does talk about the song being written, and she says something like Max needed help with the lyrics and so rang Dido up for help.

That's all I can remember, but I was also very curious about that and also wonder how he knew Dido to just ring her up. I don't have a copy of this MTV Making of the Video, but I bet it's on some bootlegs sold on Ebay.

turnaround

Oh interesting. Thanks.
At that time Dido was very popular maybe she just sprang to his mind.
I wish they wrote more songs.  :wink:
And I liked it..

Rebecca

Yeah, I was really surprised as well that Dido co-wrote that. Maybe songwriters all know each other, they must have been introduced at some point.

turnaround

Oh and another one:

Shape of my heart (Max Martin, Rami, Lisa Miskovsky)

Drowning (Linda Thompson, Rami, Andreas Carlsson)

Anyone knows how this collaboration came togther?

Lisa Miskovsky is a Swedish singer and Linda Thompson an succesful songwriter and wife of David Foster, but they only wrote one song each with the Cheiron writers.

Do you think they had an idea and thought it might be appropriate for BSB and wanted the "usual stuff" have an input, or the Cheiron writers asked them if they might help with a song?
And I liked it..

maxmartin'sfan

the song "Shape of my heart" have been written for Lisa...

But the song have been given to the backstreet boys! :D

princessofegypt

Dido wrote on I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman? That's new to me.

turnaround

Quote from: "princessofegypt"Dido wrote on I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman? That's new to me.
Yes, she did, and Britney thanked Dido in the Thank You's for being part on the album. I have still no clue why she wrote with them :D
And I liked it..

bugmenot

Quote from: getawaydriver on March 20, 2019, 03:13:50 PM
New interview where she talks about working with Max a bit.

what did she say?

j.fco.morales

Dido was WAY popular at the time -she was really good at the time- so it makes sense.

"Hey, this is Max, I love what you do, would you help me out with this song? I'm going to send it to you".

j.fco.morales

Quote from: j.fco.morales on March 22, 2019, 02:52:35 PM
Dido was WAY popular at the time -she was really good at the time- so it makes sense.

"Hey, this is Max, I love what you do, would you help me out with this song? I'm going to send it to you".

She said:

"I actually never met Max, actually. I was at an hotel somewhere and he called once, he said can you help us with this song with Britney, they sent me what they had ready and I think I just filled some gaps".