• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Kesha Sues Dr. Luke, Alleges Sexual Assault & Forced Drug/Alcohol Use

Started by j.fco.morales, October 14, 2014, 06:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugmenot

Taxes in Sweden are open and Swedish media publicize stars' income every year.

Max Martin in 2016 — $ 19.5 mil (172 mil sek)
Max Martin in 2015 — $ 17 mil (150 mil sek)
Shellback in 2016 — $  9.3 mil (81 mil sek)
Shellback in 2015 — $  10 mil (88 mil sek)

and

Ali Payami in 2015 — $  0.7 mil (6.4  mil sek)
Carl Falk  in 2015 — $  0.3 mil (2.6 mil sek)
Rami Yacoub  in 2015  — $  1 mil (7.9  mil sek)

https://www.expressen.se/dinapengar/sa-mycket-tjanar-den-svenska-musikeliten/

for 2017 will be published in the end of this year, I guess.

Dagge

Quote from: bugmenot on June 01, 2018, 11:52:36 AM
Taxes in Sweden are open and Swedish media publicize stars' income every year.

Interesting enough, many exCheiron guys are not on that earnings list containing 125 people. Ali Payami is everywhere on charts but he earns so much less than Max and Shellback. It may be that his earnings split contract with Max is quite modest, compared to Shellback's. Ilya is even not on a list. Politics?

Also interesting to see ABBA guys still earn net 10M USD 40 years after their hits were written. This looks like a best business in the world :) Only obstacle is, it is extremely hard to break into top guys gang. Finally, last guy on a list earns 200K USD, quite a nice support.

bugmenot

As I remember from billboard article about This is what you came for, the authors get up to 40% of song earrings, producers get up to 4%.

Ali is one of several producers, and I guess his investment in songs' writing is not that big. Actually, his income is 4% of MM's income. Looks right.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: bugmenot on June 02, 2018, 03:28:21 PM
As I remember from billboard article about This is what you came for, the authors get up to 40% of song earrings, producers get up to 4%.

Ali is one of several producers, and I guess his investment in songs' writing is not that big. Actually, his income is 4% of MM's income. Looks right.

Ali makes tracks that become songs.
Basically, he's an author too. I think he gets at least 25% of input.

turnaround

And I liked it..

onepass

Luke has always been scum.  The courts just decided to roll around in it too.

Dagge

Quote from: onepass on June 10, 2018, 06:30:24 PM
Luke has always been scum.  The courts just decided to roll around in it too.

I'm curious, can you elaborate this impression a bit

onepass

Have you ever met Luke? 

Before the companies?  Before Sony?  Before Max?  Or even right around when they were meeting?

What about Martin? Did you ever know him or is this just a fanboy site?

Dagge

Quote from: onepass on June 12, 2018, 05:45:22 AM
Have you ever met Luke? 

Before the companies?  Before Sony?  Before Max?  Or even right around when they were meeting?

What about Martin? Did you ever know him or is this just a fanboy site?

No I haven't. If you did it would be interesting to hear about them from a first-hand experience. It would nicely  complement other parts of this topic.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: Dagge on June 12, 2018, 09:59:04 AM
No I haven't. If you did it would be interesting to hear about them from a first-hand experience. It would nicely  complement other parts of this topic.

Well, it's hard to do but we have to separate the person from the author.

You can be a horrible musician and a great person, or a great musician and a terrible human being.
Or a good brother and a terrible son... for example.

j.fco.morales

nanofives

Dr. Fleischman

Ne-Yo - Nights like these. My favorite Luke's song since 2015 or so. Co-produced with Cirkut and Billboard