• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Your Body - Christina Aguilera - Stems - Deconstructed / instrumental

Started by gm33, December 11, 2012, 06:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gm33

Found the Your Body stems online and created this little deconstruction. Basically it's the song with certain parts removed at certain times. By doing this, you can really hear each part and realize what a genius Max really is! (Bass, drums, effects)

There's no additional instruments or production here... Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay1HrH8kZs8
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

Voodoo

Does anybody know what/ how to reproduce that increasingly rhythmic synth noise? check it out at about 1:15

nznexus

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

Joshua

There's so much in there that I wouldn't have picked up on before... thanks heaps! :D

Quote from: Voodoo on December 12, 2012, 01:39:51 AM
Does anybody know what/ how to reproduce that increasingly rhythmic synth noise? check it out at about 1:15

My guess is you could use any pulsating patch on a soft or hard synth that allows you to change the rate, then just increase it until it's out of control.

DSonthebeat

It's been a while since the last time I posted here, and now I'm obsessed with this track, only the intro loop. To answer one of the previows questions, you get the movement on the synth sidechaining it with a kick at a dotted tempo, following the notes rhythm basically. Attack on 10-20 ms to leave the very first transients pass, than NOT TOO MUCH gain reduction and adjust the tempo of the release A/B listening to the original.

What I've been obsessed with, by the way, are the notes... can't really find the whole thing. I've found the chords and the single notes of the main melody but to my hear it seems there are no chords in that arrangement, just a harmony done with 1-2 notes (3 in certain parts) and a bass which I found. The stems would be useless because that part is comped already... There's a small lead in the prechoruses of the instrumental version, I think it's used in the intro too layering the first 3 notes of each quarter which are actually always 3 different chords each time, and this is what it gives that powerfullness and movement to the whole thing. But I tried chords and they sound too old school and dramatic with any instrument from synths to strings to piano... that intro loop really is worth all the song, anyone figured out better than me how it's done?

I can provide my MIDIs if some skilled producer wants to help me reverse engineering this thing...
"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

melodicmoonlight

first time i'm hearing this.... amazing. just amazing. 1:25 onward almost made me tear up

gm33

I had completely forgotten that I created this!

I think I like this more than the original 'casue you can hear Max' kickass production even more!
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

loverofsongs

Hmm had a go trying to recreate the sound, essentially what is described above - pulse effect created by the pitch>LFO and the riser effect produced by changing the rate. My version sounds similar but if you notice when the LFO rate rises in the Christina version the pitch rises too. For some reason when I try the rate rises, increasing the pitch, but there is still a 'base' frequency that remains constant, any ideas?

This example is my attempt, followed by the original, notice that base frequency in mine?
http://www58.zippyshare.com/v/RdjmdQlF/file.html

Closer inspection of the sound seems to be there is a layer for a traditional riser, and then the Squarey rate-changing sound, so had a go experimenting with that:
http://www58.zippyshare.com/v/aHBcDMVS/file.html

Still doesnt change that static frequency! The respect level is higher now than it was before for these guys.

j.fco.morales

loverofsongs

Really? Either way, it still had to be programmed by somebody, I'd be interested to know the technique.