• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Songs for Critique

Started by The Fates, March 21, 2015, 07:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Fates

Hey guys,

I recently completed two songs and would love your feedback.  I'm a NYC based songwriter who is looking to collaborate with other producers and writers.  I look forward to hearing from you!

1) Partner in Crime - www.soundcloud.com/the-fates/partner-in-crime (I wrote and produced)
2) Shelter - www.soundcloud.com/the-fates/shelter (I wrote)

Thanks in advance!

Elizabeth

B Steady

partner in crime is very well written, lyrically and musically!! :) the background vocal harmonies sound a bit flat in spots. the mix could be better. like that heavy bass note in the beat is too much. also the piano sounds very cheap. vocals could be wetter. overall a very good song though!

is that shelter music from another song or did you indeed collab with fraser? again, vocals are a bit too dry for my taste and the whole song sounds pretty demo-ish (maybe they are demos). but this is actually a good song as well! :)
Vila i frid Dag

Adam B

For starters. I really like the voice of whoever is singing, he has some of that quality in his voice that makes you want to keep listening. If he wants to be an artist that's a huge plus.

Continuing. Overall I think the songs are underproduced and take too long to develop, generally you should hit a chorus or some sort of highpoint well within a minute. Also, whatever you send to anyone has to meet broadcast quality.

Lastly. Put yourself in an A&Rs perpective -why would they want to work on these songs instead of the 100 other songs they listen to today? The A&R is the first person you've got to convince.

j.fco.morales

Partner in Crime sounds really good: I agree with the arrangements.

Listen to Ben Khan, that's what I thought at first listen.