• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Taylor Swift - Bad Blood (feat. Kendrick Lamar) from Album 1989 (Max Martin)

Started by gm33, November 18, 2013, 10:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

I made a quick first listen of the album, started hearing the voice memos.
Such a great idea to incluse these ones.

I'm a huge Taylor Swift fan -love her songwriting- but I'm not really feeling the production: sounds a bit dated at times and after hearing the voice memos, seems to me like the songs are lost in the production.

Melody-wise, is excellent.

turnaround

And I liked it..

J_A24

I hear a lot of end of 90s-early 00s pop rock references in it.

J_A24

Quote from: j.fco.morales on October 25, 2014, 07:37:15 PM
I made a quick first listen of the album, started hearing the voice memos.
Such a great idea to incluse these ones.

I'm a huge Taylor Swift fan -love her songwriting- but I'm not really feeling the production: sounds a bit dated at times and after hearing the voice memos, seems to me like the songs are lost in the production.

Melody-wise, is excellent.

I think some of it sounds dated definitely, but they balance it with creative and organic sounds. That's what I kinda liked from the beginning. I hear some nice sample manipulation sound design.

uberweiss

"Style" and "Wildest Dreams" are so hypnotising. Unbelievably addictive. The vocals, the production, the melodies... Bliss.

j.fco.morales

To me, the standout tracks are Blank Space -though I don't like the production at all-, Style -to me, that chorus doesn't carry the rest of the song-, Wonderland produced by Greg Kurstin, New Romance.

My favourite by far is All You Had To Do Was Stay: it's just perfect.

J_A24

Quote from: j.fco.morales on October 26, 2014, 02:05:56 AM

My favourite by far is All You Had To Do Was Stay: it's just perfect.

Yeah, might just be the strongest chorus on the album. It kinda gives me that cheiron vibe.

uberweiss

The most classic Max melody for me is "we found wonderland / you and I got lost in it / and we pretended it could last forever".

j.fco.morales

The album is out.

Official credits:

1. Written by Taylor Swift & Ryan Tedder
2. Written by Taylor Swift, Max Martin & Shellback
3. Written by Taylor Swift, Max Martin, Shellback & Ali Payami / Recorded 19th February 2014
4. Written by Taylor Swift & Jack Antonoff
5. Written by Taylor Swift & Max Martin
6. Written by Taylor Swift, Max Martin & Shellback / Recorded 15th February 2014
7. Written by Taylor Swift & Jack Antonoff
8. Written by Taylor Swift, Max Martin & Shellback
9. Written by Taylor Swift, Max Martin & Shellback
10. Written by Taylor Swift, Max Martin & Shellback
11. Written by Taylor Swift. Produced by Nathan Chapman & Taylor Swift
12. Written by Taylor Swift & Ryan Tedder / Recorded 22th January
13. Written by Taylor Swift & Imogen Heap / Recorded 9th February 2014

Mixed by Serban Ghenea.
Executive production: Max Martin & Taylor Swift.

Polarmachine

big day for max and shellback fans!!! Just bought it but haven't listened yet, stuck in school. But damn Max has been working out!! haha

turnaround

And I liked it..

Rex

I got surprised when i saw those two max and shellbacks photos in the booklet

sweetmelody

OK, first listen, and here are my thoughts. I will start with the three songs released first: SIO, OFTW and WTNY. Shake It Off is already one of my all time MXM faves (until I heard the rest of the album). I honestly am not grabbed by WTNY and OFTW. Good songs, but lack the "magic" element for me melodically. Now on to the rest of the album. Well, how should I put this, for a fan of pure pop perfection, I was in heaven. It absolutely blew me away. This is MXM and Shellback on top of their game, hitting their peak. If they get better than this melodically, then they are truly aliens. And it is clear that TS is a huge part of this. To be honest, if I was MXM and Shellback I would try to have TS join their team. They are absolutely EXTRAORDINARY together. As for TS, I only started like her in 2012 because of the 3 MXM/SB songs. And now I can say she is my favorite female artist. She sounds absolutely fantastic on this album. Her vocals are more on point than ever. I can only attribute this to the insane vocal production skills of MXM (and I think she obviously feels most comfortable with him). All in all, I can't wait to keep listening and I am going to make a bold prediction right now: "Blank Space" will be the next single and it will go #1. Here's another prediction: this has a chance to rival Teenage Dream in terms of Max's best pure pop work and might have similar if not better success on the charts. I counted at least 5 more potential #1 singles in there. Don't be surprised if MXM breaks the record for most #1's very, very soon. 

The photos, voice memos and behind the scenes video of Max and Shellback are great! Kind of shows us their personalties a little more, which is cool since they are usually so private it's hard to tell. First of all, Max seems like a funny and relaxed guy. He's also got some guns! Seems he's been working out. Shellback looks like he's a little shier than I imagined. Also looks like a relaxed kind of guy.

Jules

Quote from: B Steady on October 27, 2014, 11:07:09 AM
I was just listening to the iTunes previews and I liked basically 0 songs

You better continue R.I.P.-ing!  :-X ;D