• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Taylor Swift - Bad Blood (feat. Kendrick Lamar) from Album 1989 (Max Martin)

Started by gm33, November 18, 2013, 10:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khan9898

I wonder if in some cases Max picks up the work of Ali and Ilya and makes it "better". I know Max and Rami did this for Shape of My Heart way back when, they bought the rights and did a 180 degrees on the song. He also did the same for "Come Along".

I guess its more of a label thing to send the song to a producer to redo.

sweetmelody

Quote from: j.fco.morales on March 02, 2015, 06:39:19 PM
In this case in particular, I think she wrote to an Ali Payami track and worked the topline and lyrics with Max and Shellback.

In other cases, like Blank Space or How To Get The Girl, she comes up with the almost finished idea.

Curious where you got this info? Would love to read!

j.fco.morales

Quote from: sweetmelody on March 02, 2015, 07:09:44 PM
Curious where you got this info? Would love to read!

It's what I think it happened, with Love Me Harder -another Ali Payami track- being recorded/written around the same time... no sources, just my opinion.
If you listen to the voice memos, she said the songs came from different places and she started writing to a track, so it makes sense.

AlexanderLaBrea

Quote from: j.fco.morales on March 02, 2015, 06:39:19 PM
In this case in particular, I think she wrote to an Ali Payami track and worked the topline and lyrics with Max and Shellback.

In other cases, like Blank Space or How To Get The Girl, she comes up with the almost finished idea.

I'm sceptic. As Max doesn't seem to like writing to track, and as he had this level of involvement in this project from the get go, I figure she only really wrote to track on the Antonoff songs. I'm guessing they wrote in LA, maybe Taylor wrote most of it, I don't know - but it think the production was done post writing.

sweetmelody

There are certain things that I would almost bet are Max. The hook of Love Me Harder and How You Get the Girl being in that category.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: AlexanderLaBrea on March 03, 2015, 10:43:44 AM
I'm sceptic. As Max doesn't seem to like writing to track, and as he had this level of involvement in this project from the get go, I figure she only really wrote to track on the Antonoff songs. I'm guessing they wrote in LA, maybe Taylor wrote most of it, I don't know - but it think the production was done post writing.

I tend to think they had the Ali Payami track -because of the many similarities with Love Me Harder, the songwriting/melodic approach it's way different from his previous catalogue- and them added some parts and extra production post writing, just like you said.

I want to make sure guys, we're based on assumptions.

sweetmelody

"Style" will be #1 on radio this upcoming week, finally knocking off "Uptown Funk" from the top spot. It's taking a little longer to hit #1 Hot 100 because of Uptown Funk's success as well as other big records out at the same time (Ellie, Maroon 5, etc). I would not be surprised to see either combination of "Style" and "Love Me Like You Do" as #1 and #2. Ellie's record is doing better in terms of digital sales at the moment and picking up more steam on radio.

sweetmelody

Officially the #1 song on Top 40 radio. I wonder how many that makes for Max?

Rex

Does anyone hear any similarities between the verses in Bad blood and those in ET? I find them quite alike

Jules

Quote from: Rex on March 18, 2015, 05:35:40 PM
Does anyone hear any similarities between the verses in Bad blood and those in ET? I find them quite alike

LOOOOL earlier today when I listened to it I was thinking "how come noone on the forum has posted/noticed that BB is a total rip off of ET??" xD

turnaround

Maybe it was exactly the intention, as the song is about Katy apparently.

It's amazing how Max is cool with all these artists beyond fights and rivalry.
And I liked it..

B Steady

this is a silly comparison. the melodies are far from being the same and with the harmonic context it's a complete different feeling

btw: how can it be that Style is by far the most popular Max song of this album? :o :o :o to me it's by far his worst one on this record smh
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

sweetmelody

It's only similar rhythmically, not melodically.

Style has grown on me a little bit, still not my fave on the album.

They are likely testing the next single now. My pick would be Bad Blood for sure.

turnaround

My wish (unrealistic)

Wonderland is the next single. A version with a Avril Lavigne featuring.
I already hear her singing the "Ehhh Eeehh"

Btw - Rihanna could do that too.  :)
And I liked it..