• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Benny Blanco article in "Sound-on-Sound"

Started by georg_e, December 30, 2012, 08:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanofives

Quote from: j.fco.morales on July 29, 2018, 04:36:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGI-qDc7i0c&t=85s

Zach Sang interviews Benny Blanco.

What a time to play Fortnite, Ilya seems addicted to the game too xD

It gives me the impression that at the end of the interview Zach wanted him to mention Luke or Max, and he didn't so he asked directly and he just didn't add much of what you could expect, he didn't even mention both in his inspirations, but he mentioned Kanye like a lot of times. Kinda disappointing to me.

j.fco.morales

The video is out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNXDxUQ4c9U

I don't understand his motivations to "become an artist". He clearly doesn't feel comfortable on camera, he doesn't sing and has a bit of stage fright.
Label obligations? It makes sense because he's well established and have the connections... but, really?

Plus, this sounds like a Calvin Harris song. His guitars, the same 909 drums used on One Kiss.

nanofives

It was about time for Benny to show his urban side, and I don't like it.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: nanofives on December 06, 2018, 12:22:15 AM
It was about time for Benny to show his urban side, and I don't like it.

Pop Benny was excellent... Stereo Hearts, Moves Like Jagger, A$$ Back Home, those Rixton jams...

j.fco.morales

I love his stuff with Cashmere Cat.

I guess Halsey's Now Or Never is my fave.

j.fco.morales

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/1pqptIVmXZoMRQzqDDvQbI[/spotify]

Just for Us Pt 2 is by far my favourite.

Love the vocal arrangement!

melodicmoonlight

Trash. Her voice/lack of charisma can't carry this song... can't believe Benny produced and all the co-writers on it, Leland, Madison Love, etc.

j.fco.morales

Well, big labels don't want to invest their money building a fanbase for the artists on their rosters and that's why they signed these people.

nanofives

I didn't know who she was, but the song grew on me, I hope Benny keep doing songs like this, there's so much potential over here.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: getawaydriver on March 19, 2021, 09:51:23 AM
I agree. I don't have a problem with all the artists coming from TikTok that are actually talented or have some sort of self-awareness, but the ones that are just cashing in on a music career and aren't musically-talented releasing these uninspired, mailed-in tracks are not my thing. Not even good writers and producers can make them sound like solid pop artists.

Almost 9m views on YouTube in two days.

Quote from: j.fco.morales on March 20, 2021, 02:04:42 AM
Well, big labels don't want to invest their money building a fanbase for the artists on their rosters and that's why they signed these people.

melodicmoonlight

Also, it's a rip off of Curious by Hayley Kiyoko

j.fco.morales

I'm into this type of minimal production.

melodicmoonlight

Damn bring back the explosive pop productions, benny. these are all a snooze

bugmenot

You can't produce an explosion when your singer can't sing, only whisper.  Gracie dated Blake Slatkin's little brother, that's the reason they work with her.

Although, why did Benny turn to producing for it-girls? Career suicide.

j.fco.morales

I'm not sure if she dates of dated Blake. And Blake was an intern at Benny's.

And I didn't know she is JJ Abrams daughter...