• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

music producer

Started by nznexus, June 09, 2013, 01:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nznexus

i am a music producer, i have been doing music for 6 year already. i started using Fl studio 7 then, my friend showed me this program.

but before this, way before i used ejay dance with my friends we just made beats i think it was just for fun but then we made some good melodies but felt there were limitations with the program.

so after going to FL studio i spent over 1 year learning, many times i was about to give up because it was too hard to understand this program.

but i always felt that even if i just make music, i love it.
so i have been testing all DAWS out there, everything from cubase to nuendo to studio one, actually i like that one.  but i never felt that these daws are my daw for choise so i stick with fl studio and continue. i know i heard that its a noob tool, but i disagree, it is not. also i have tried reason, reaper, sonar .. but somehow noone of them were my thing.

last year i finally had the chance to buy myself pro tools and start using it. YES, indeed it was very nice but i feel this program is very deep too. However there were some things that was missing, like support for VST third party plugins.

in 2011 i was listening to alot of max martin songs, especially his early songs and other bands from 90s (britney, nsync, backstreet boys, westlife, s club 7, a teens, five, )

anyway i felt in love with this sound (cheiron sound)..
so i was trying to atleast re create some songs from that time in fl studio.. and it was hard to do it, because well i really dont know how they used to produce back then.
but i did it because it was fun to do..

so, i managed to recreate a britney song called oops i did it again, and i was basically using her acapella and made the rest, I wanted to SEE how CLOSE i COULD come to the max martin sound..

what i learnt is that, the songs from the 90s had some signature sounds, like orchestra hits, risers and sweeps and so on.. nothing you hear today in the billboard top100.

this is about me. and of course luke and max are the inspiration.. of course i admire artist like rami yacoub, kristian lunding and other members that worked with maratone.. but i see that max is the master in music production.

in my opinion the songs they made back then had a really unique, sound... that made you feel like hey its a late 90s song!

i dont feel this anymore with these new songs i hear..

i know most songs are teen-pop, and the audience is for teenagers mostly, but i find this music interesting as a grown up, i mean i dont feel that i am forced to stick to some music style or genre. i just listen to it..

I also like to play with synths, not just make music. i mean i really like playing with synths that i have, i never get tired of it, never. I can sit for 2 hours and make bass patches or lead sounds, or whatever or just sometimes go thru presets and audition them.

here is my latest production, it a song i made for taylor swift (its a remake)
https://soundcloud.com/nznexus/taylor-swift-22
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

Rebecca

thanks for sharing your story nznexus. I agree, the Cheiron sound is unique.
I listened to your remake of "22" and it's good.

nznexus

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

B Steady

are you doing this just for fun? did you study the softwares only in order to remake hits?

maybe you spent lots of time with these remakes but not enough. you're always missing the atmosphere of the songs which is especially due to your mixes. some details are very good though, but I think you didn't learn yet that much about the technical part of producing music. I also think you're good at hearing things (especially melodies) in songs but of course it's not that easy to remake them especially as you don't know which sounds the producers used in the songs. but in your 22 chorus are some wrong notes that just don't fit.
Vila i frid Dag

nznexus

what you mean when you said you are missing atmosphere?

Joshua

Yeah I think you've got some good base elements there but it does need a lot more layering to build the mix up, and some of the sounds themselves are a bit ordinary. More than that though you really need to check the chords you're playing with the synth sound in the chorus, you've got it half right, but the other half clashes badly. Let me know if you want me to be more specific, chords are my speciality. :D But good work all the same, you're on your way.