• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Paul Stanley Live To Win - Andreas Carlsson

Started by Rebecca, February 07, 2007, 08:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebecca

Has anyone heard the Paul Stanley album Live To Win? Andreas Carlsson has co-written a few songs -  Live To Win, Second To None,  All About You and Wake Up Screaming.

Just wondering if the songs are any good/worth buying??

http://www.andreascarlsson.se/index

andrea

live to win is a great rock song...
second the none is a wonderful ballad, i think it's the better song of the album... i don't like the other song 'cause i don't like the genre...

®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ

Quote from: "Rebecca"Has anyone heard the Paul Stanley album Live To Win? Andreas Carlsson has co-written a few songs -  Live To Win, Second To None,  All About You and Wake Up Screaming.

Just wondering if the songs are any good/worth buying??
Uhm. I have to say I heard better song from Andreas.

If you like his Bon Jovi songs you might like those songs here too.
I would say the Paul Stanley songs are even a bit rockier.

Live To Win - fast hardrock song

All About You - reminds me a bit of "Highway To Hell"

Second To None - sounds lots like "Unbelievable" by Def Leppard (Max, Andreas, Per Aldeheim), just maybe a bit faster

Wake Up Screaming - starts exactly like "I'm Stupid" by Prime Sth. (Max), sounds also a lot like it

I have the rest of the album too, but haven't listened to it any...

Rebecca

Thanks Andrea and Jules for your thoughts.

I'm not sure if I really like the genre either and I know what you mean Jules when you say they are like the Bon Jovi songs - I can imagine anyway.

I know curiousity will get the better of me and I'll probably end up buying it and I'll probably only listen to the Andreas songs too!

®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ

Quote from: "Rebecca"I know curiousity will get the better of me and I'll probably end up buying it and I'll probably only listen to the Andreas songs too!
That's why I only got the AC songs in the first place! :-P

Alex Martin

i think andreas carlsson is a good songwriter but he become a TOP songwriter only when he write a song with max. Andreas is like RAMI. With max they made a lot of success song but when they write alone or without max their songs are pretty but no other. Max write a SMASH mega hit single always,from 1995 to 2007 but for the other cheiron guys is non the same thing.

Rebecca

Quote from: "Alex Martin"i think andreas carlsson is a good songwriter but he become a TOP songwriter only when he write a song with max. Andreas is like RAMI. With max they made a lot of success song but when they write alone or without max their songs are pretty but no other. Max write a SMASH mega hit single always,from 1995 to 2007 but for the other cheiron guys is non the same thing.

Alex, I agree with you, though Andreas can also write top songs with Kristian Lundin. On the Cheiron site it said he was hired as a lyricist but then progressed to writing music as well, so maybe that's why it depends on his co-writer, whether the songs are good or fantastic. There is exceptions though, I can't think of them all. BSB's Drowning comes to mind. I think I might have to go thru all my AC and Rami songs without Max!