• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Adele - new album with single by Max Martin

Started by uberweiss, August 27, 2015, 10:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Fleischman

Quote from: Adam B on October 25, 2015, 08:45:47 AM
Many people must have been waiting for her to release anything, because the song is not that good.
In my opinion she deserves all the success she has but I was thinking exactly the same when the 20 seconds song preview was released. Many listeners were overexcited and the internet went crazy but then, I was blown away after I listened to the full song. I think it's her voice that takes the song to the next level.

melodicmoonlight

Seeing the video while hearing the song for the first time was exciting, but I haven't given the song a second play. I'm sure I will. It's good, but it didn't pull me in enough to make me love it.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on October 25, 2015, 08:20:46 PM
Seeing the video while hearing the song for the first time was exciting, but I haven't given the song a second play. I'm sure I will. It's good, but it didn't pull me in enough to make me love it.

You can't escape, it's going to catch you.

georg_e

Waited til now to listen to full song....was a little afraid it wouldn't live up to that clip, but no --- love it! And I think this will wear very well on repeated listens.

j.fco.morales

http://i-d.vice.com/en_gb/article/adele-exclusive-full-cover-story-i-d

One day she and Tedder were having lunch and Taylor Swift's Trouble came on the radio. "I was like, 'I love this song, who did this?' and he's like 'Max,' and I'm like, 'Oo's Max?' and he's like 'Max Martin!' and I'm like, 'Oo's Max Martin?'" The world's number one songwriter, she discovered after Tedder sent her a YouTube clip of his work. The song provides another 'moment' for 25. Send My Love To Your New Lover is a bit like Martin's Can't Feel My Face for the Weeknd - totally unexpected. It has a bit of a calypso vibe ("It's a bit of fun, innit? You ain't got to be dark all the time") and an amazing opening line: This was all you/ none of it me. "I love it, it's fucking sick," she says. "Straight away, a million people in my life will be like, 'Oh shit, what have I done...'"

It's an uptempo song.

georg_e

Wow, that interview is eye opening, that she wrote some stuff for this album and got told "Nope, not good enough". Cuz I kind of always think with someone like Adele who had the biggest album in the history of the Universe, that would never happen :-)
    I also get a kick out of the fact she didn't know who Max Martin was, LOL!! Kinda puts things in perspective........

Rebecca

wow, I find it unbelievable that Adele had no idea who Max was. She must not be a fan of pop music.

georg_e

Quote from: Rebecca on October 28, 2015, 10:35:54 AM
She must not be a fan of pop music.
That would be highly ironic, since she's one of the biggest selling pop singers (if not THE biggest) in the Known Universe  :-D

Feelgoodlies

^I think by that Rebecca means "the cheiron kind of pop".

I don't know why she is so overrated. I mean come on, even this new single "Hello" sounds so basic and very straight forward. If this was done by Christina or Rihanna it would've flopped and caused a criticism from people.

I'm happy Max is getting her out of the misery she's been leading since (19??) and we get to see the other side of her musically!

georg_e

^    ^    ^

I'm not looking forward to a "calypso" sound from her.  Some people do "misery" best (or at least "pissed off"  :-)
Adele is one of them.

Rebecca

Yes, I meant the Cheiron pop and also everything else Max has written, he's had so many hits. I find it incredible that at no point before Taylor Swift did she not wonder who wrote those songs? Katy Perry, Pink, non-Cheiron Britney?
She may only be interested in English artists or rock artists, or she must be totally self-absorbed.

I've never been a fan of her, I don't like her songs or the way she sings. She seems nice in interviews though. The song Hello is forgettable. I agree, Feelgoodlies, if it was sung by someone else, it would be a flop.
I am looking forward to her song with Max though. Something upbeat will be nice.

volkanyurdabak

Adele's voice is the greatest and Max Martin's songwriting is the best. I cannot even imagine how good the song will be.

uberweiss

2 minute snippets!

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/adele-25/592126-01/

Send my love to your new lu-HUH-ver.

Max has a lyrical obsession with ghosts lately.

j.fco.morales

Polarmachine

Quote from: j.fco.morales on November 17, 2015, 09:31:58 PM
Reminds me of Cher Lloyd's With Ur Love.

My expectations were too high. Adele and Max&Shellback could've been amazing but this is a pretty random tune.
Sounds like a an acoustic version of a Cher Lloyd song.  And that is not something positive lol.

I do like the raw guitar sound a lot. But the melodies are too weak.
Note: ive only heard the 2 minute snippet.

I wanted like a My Life Would Suck Wothout You kind of song