• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Kesha Sues Dr. Luke, Alleges Sexual Assault & Forced Drug/Alcohol Use

Started by j.fco.morales, October 14, 2014, 06:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khan9898

Its trending on twitter and all over the internet, if true then Dr. Luke is a sleezy scumbag.

turnaround

One career will end for sure. If all things go wrong, both.

If allegations are true this is horrible. Incredible - one of the biggest producers of our times.
And I liked it..

Khan9898

Its hard to imagine that this was potentially happening with guys like Max around, unless they knew about it too which would make it real bad.

J_A24

Luke counter-sued her for extortion, claims that Ke$ha, her mom and her new management firm created the whole story to get out of her contract. It's word vs word.

There's always two-sides to a story, we shouldn't be quick to judge people.

QuoteKesha is a liar who is making up stories just so she can get out of her legally binding contract with Dr. Luke ... and she tried extorting him to boot ... this according to a new lawsuit.

Luke filed suit hours after Kesha filed her own lawsuit ... accusing him of sexual and physical assault over a period of years.

But in Luke's lawsuit ... he says the pack of lies is being engineered by Kesha's mother, Pebe and Kesha's new management firm. Luke claims Kesha tried to extort him by threatening to spread lies about him to a blogger who started a "Free Kesha" website unless he released her from her recording contract.

And Luke's says in his lawsuit he's had a copy of a draft of Kesha's new abuse lawsuit for months, and she was threatening to file it if he didn't release her. In other words, he's alleging more extortion.

Luke's lawyer, Christine Lepera, tells TMZ, Kesha's lawsuit about abuse is part of "a campaign of publishing outrageous and untrue statements," calling the allegations scurrilous.

Lepera says Kesha and her mom have already admitted the statements are false.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/10/14/dr-luke-kesha-abuse-sexual-assault-lawsuit-contract-extortion/#ixzz3G93pRTtY

bugmenot

QuoteKesha is suing her music producer of 10 years Dr. Luke, saying he was very abusive towards her and led her into a horrible spiral.

The 27-year-old entertainer alleges that Dr Luke forced himself on her sexually on multiple occasions, and often forced her to use drugs and alcohol.

“This lawsuit is a wholehearted effort by Kesha to regain control of her music career and her personal freedom after suffering for ten years as a victim of mental manipulation, emotional abuse and an instance of sexual assault at the hands of Dr. Luke,”

Kesha‘s lawyer Mark Geragos told TMZ.

“The facts presented in our lawsuit paint a picture of a man who is controlling and willing to commit horrible acts of abuse in an attempt to intimidate an impressionable, talented, young female artist into submission for his personal gain. Kesha is focused on moving her life and her career beyond this terrible time.”

Kesha ultimately wants a judge to let her out of her contract with Dr. Luke.

Earlier this year, Kesha entered a rehab program and is doing much better.
justjared

QuoteThe next afternoon, Kesha claims she woke up naked in Luke’s bed, sore and with no recollection of what transpired the night before. On another occasion, Luke allegedly physically attacked her at his house in Malibu by “violently thrashing is arms at her,” causing Kesha to flee barefoot into the mountains.
buzzfeed

It's sounds so fake to me.
And she still has contract.

J_A24

Luke sues back.

QuoteKesha is a liar who is making up stories just so she can get out of her legally binding contract with Dr. Luke ... and she tried extorting him to boot ... this according to a new lawsuit.

Luke filed suit hours after Kesha filed her own lawsuit ... accusing him of sexual and physical assault over a period of years.

But in Luke's lawsuit ... he says the pack of lies is being engineered by Kesha's mother, Pebe and Kesha's new management firm. Luke claims Kesha tried to extort him by threatening to spread lies about him to a blogger who started a "Free Kesha" website unless he released her from her recording contract.

And Luke's says in his lawsuit he's had a copy of a draft of Kesha's new abuse lawsuit for months, and she was threatening to file it if he didn't release her. In other words, he's alleging more extortion.

Luke's lawyer, Christine Lepera, tells TMZ, Kesha's lawsuit about abuse is part of "a campaign of publishing outrageous and untrue statements," calling the allegations scurrilous.

Lepera says Kesha and her mom have already admitted the statements are false.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/10/14/dr-luke-kesha-abuse-sexual-assault-lawsuit-contract-extortion/#ixzz3G93pRTtY

turnaround

If the allegations are wrong it should have hard consequences for Kesha and Pebe. Either way this turns out - one party will be in big trouble if not even jail.
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

I'd love to see that contract.
For newcomers with lots of talents, it tends to be abusive contracts.

About the substances abuse and rape allegations, Luke is way to clever to do something like that.

J_A24

I feel like there could be some truth to Ke$ha's allegations, just like there could be lies. On a legal standpoint Luke's handling it perfectly. And Ke$ha's lawsuit is kind of inconsistent.

When you sue someone for that kind of abuse, you don't only demand to get released from a record deal.

J_A24

Quote from: georg_e on October 14, 2014, 08:38:54 PM
      That's true, of course, but........Kesha has alot more to lose by filing this suit.....she's not some wannabee so she's credible, but would lose all of that if proven to be a "liar"......just to get out of a contract.  Wouldn't be worth it to go to these lengths....whereas the other side? Of course they'll counter-sue and drag her character: what else can they do? Also, if her claims are true, I don't think that would pass as "extortion"!

We don't know that. We know Kesha the popstar, not the person. Same goes for Luke.

J_A24

Quote from: georg_e on October 14, 2014, 09:18:52 PM
         This is all just one little preliminary piece......wait til the actual lawsuit filing or deposition gets leaked, like it did with Pharrell and Robin Thicke.......whole story will come out.....

The lawsuits wont tell the real story here either way. But let's say her version is looking a bit shady after the mention of her ultimate wish being the dissolution of her record deal.

J_A24

Filed in supreme court. Wow...

Will be interesting to see how this whole thing unfolds.

J_A24

Quote from: georg_e on October 14, 2014, 11:47:27 PM
Yes....didn't realize it before...the full copy of Kesha's Complaint in LA Superior Court is at the end of this article...     http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/read-full-details-keshas-disturbing-740699    (scroll or down arrow inside first page of Complaint -- took me a minute to figure that out ;-)

Yeah I read Kesha's, quite disturbingly detailed. Luke's seems to be not as much detailed, but if he's going that far, it must mean he really believes to have proof of what's being alleged by his side (Kesha and Pebe confessing that their allegations are false).

On the business allegations coming from Kesha, I'd love to see her contract like jfcomorales said. It's quite surprising to me, since from the information that I gather, Luke is quite professional in that kind of thing.