• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Ola - I'm In Love, Maybe and Jackie Kennedy, Tonight I'm Yours (Shellback)

Started by turnaround, April 26, 2012, 04:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

BTW you can download "Jackie Kennedy" on the mobile shop of 7digital. There is no country restriction.

https://m.7digital.com/IT/releases/2929123

And I liked it..

Jules

Quote from: turnaround on September 22, 2013, 07:13:46 PM
BTW you can download "Jackie Kennedy" on the mobile shop of 7digital. There is no country restriction.

I tried using the mobile site, but they require an italian credit card, otherwise:

QuoteSorry, in accordance with our contractual obligations with record labels, you can make purchases on the site 7digital.it only if you live in Italy. Please connect to your local store de.7digital.com to make purchases. If you've accessed 7digital.it from one location in Italy, please contact our customer service team which will resolve the problem. Thanks for your understanding!

:'(

j.fco.morales

Quote from: Jules on September 22, 2013, 03:11:21 AM
According to scandipop it's to 'reward' Italy for getting "I'm In Love" so high up the Italian charts. Uhm... ???

Uhm yes. It holds the #73 spot in Italy. Wow.  :o
And in Malta it is..uhm... nowhere in sight within the TOP200 chart - but considering that they currently have Bruno Mars' "Just The Way You Are" and Snow Patrol's "Chasing Cars" in their TOP10, maybe we should give "Jackie" a good couple of years to make its way to the top. LOL

Well I still think labels are releasing music for no other reason than cold hard CASH - and I doubt they'll earn much of that by releasing it exclusively to MALTA (where it doesn't even make the TOP200 lol).

I don't get the point of iTunes' stupid country restrictions anyways - once a song is out in one local iTunes store, it takes a day and the file is available for illegal download all over the net. Then tons of people who are waiting for the song to become available download it illegally just for the simple reason that it's not available in their country's local store. RCs lose SO MUCH money due to that.

So why not put a song out in ALL the iTunes stores worldwide from day one?

In Chile, if you sell 1000 copies in a week you're in the #1 on iTunes.
If you have a #1 on iTunes on small countries -easy to achieve!- you can do some press about it and get some attention on bigger markets.

Jules

Quote from: j.fco.morales on September 22, 2013, 10:10:01 PM
If you have a #1 on iTunes on small countries -easy to achieve!- you can do some press about it and get some attention on bigger markets.

I agree, I agree. Still they could release it worldwide on the same date. THEN do the promo you mentioned and people who respond to it can buy it at their local store right away = $*KATCHING*$ for the rec comps.

The labels need to understand that we're not living in the 90s anymore where they could put a song out for radio promotion 4 weeks ahead of its commercial release and when people got hyped by all the airplay they would storm to their local record dealer to get a copy of the CD maxi single.
As I said, it's 2013 and the very moment a song leaks or gets released in ONE country, it's available worldwide - illegaly. That's the moment the RCs start losing money.

turnaround

oh, weird. I managed to buy songs from Sweden, Norway, Ireland etc....

And yes, when will all labels realise that these days there are no boundaries regarding the internet.

Some labels understand already..
And I liked it..

Jules

Quote from: turnaround on September 22, 2013, 10:37:24 PM
oh, weird. I managed to buy songs from Sweden, Norway, Ireland etc....

Aaaaaaaahhhhh YAY I tried registering my credit card in the Norwegian store and it worked.
YAY you're my hero. Just for tonight though.  ;)

turnaround

Hehe, thanks Jules :D

I will wait until I can order the album. Ola is one of the few artists I collect all albums, most of the other music I listen today I stream at Spotify.

Ola has his own label and it's really support-worthy.
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

The other day, Jessie J tweeted about being #1 in Uganda.
I mean, hello...

And yes, I agree with you guys. The power of internet.

I love Jackie Kennedy, I'm sure it will be an international hit.

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: turnaround on September 22, 2013, 07:13:46 PM

Oh thanks Martin, it totally worked for me :-* :-* :-*!

Jules

turnaround

And I liked it..