• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

I met Max after &Juliet musical in London! 🤩😁😻

Started by *Sabine*, February 18, 2020, 10:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*Sabine*

Hey guys! It's been a while since I haven't posted here. Well, my passion for the Swedish music and especially for Max's hasn't changed!

2 weeks ago, I fulfilled one of my biggest dreams: I met Max, he has been my hero for 20 years exactly. A lot of time has passed since I first discovered his name inside the Oops album booklet in 2000 but along the years, my love for his music has always grown stronger. I am SO delighted and thankful I was so lucky to attend the musical on an evening he was actually there too, with Katy Perry as well.
After all those years when he used to "hide" in the studio, I honestly never thought I'd ever meet him....

At the end of the show, I was waiting on the pavement when i saw him and I basically called him. When he turned over, walked towards me and looked at me in the eyes, I was so impressed, I could have fainted! He was almost surprised when I said i was such a fan since Cheiron! Lol I thanked him for all those wonderful songs, I said they were a very important part of my life, that I had grown with them. I mentioned my favorite collaborators Rami, Kristian and Shellback. Then I added that I loved the show so much, that I had been addicted to his music since Britney and I handed him a fan letter in which I explain his songs mean so much to me, why I like them so much and how happy I am of all the success he deserves.

We did pictures together, he said he wished he could chat longer and he gave me a big hug! I wish I could have talked to him more but he had to run because Katy Perry was waiting. I really hope I can meet him again later this year when he comes back in London, he is so nice and humble, seriously!

Here is a link to my Instagram with the picture.  ;D

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8XFDeto1h7/?igshid=k8u5pj2xtdnt

j.fco.morales

nanofives

Amazing! :D, are there any more details in the letter you handed him?

*Sabine*

Thanks guys, sure I'll tell you more about the letter now.

I wrote him because I knew that I wouldn't have time to tell him all those stuff face to face. Actually, it was my second letter. I went on a pilgrimage (I like to call it that way! lol) to the old Cheiron studios in Stockholm in 2004 and I left a first letter there to someone who was entering the studio, that was called the Location by then. I thought there were few chances he actually would give it to Max as I had asked him, but he eventually did cause one month later I got a surprise in my mailbox! Max and Rami answered me with a short note like " Thank you Sabine, I wish you the best of luck in life." with their signature!  :D How cool was that!

Well, this time, I started by mentioning how much it was a dream of mine to eventually meet him!
I said I had been head over heels about his music since I discovered it with Britney when I was 12 and that I considered him like a legend, even like pop music God! (Katy Perry calls him that way too! lol) A music genius, my hero!

I wrote that I could remember the first time I had heard almost every song and that I actually fell hard for Lucky, on the counter chorus more precisely. Like love at first listen. I said that I had a feeling I could also write a musical of my life with his songs as they are part of me and I can basically link them to every moment of my life since I was a child. It was almost like a duty for me to say thank you for all this happiness I have felt for over 20 years when I hear his songs. I said thank you for making me smile, dance, sing, cheer me up when I have a bad day and that there were actually those songs I found so good that I could cry over their perfection. I listed 10 of my absolute favorite songs (...Baby one more time, That's the way it is, Oops, Larger than life, Lucky, Stronger, I want it that way, Shape of my heart, Tell me what you like and Get to you) even if of course I LOVE about 200 of them and enjoy all the rest.

I attempted to make a list of why I found his songs so excellent, beyond perfection. I actually said that I felt they were customized, written for me as all my criteria for AMAZINGNESS were there:
- the perfect, catchy melodies, sounding simple and yet so sophisticated. He is the best melody writer in the world, no doubt. Very happy, feel good melodies and yet with this underlying (Swedish) melancholy that make them so unique and attractive --> you hear them once and you become addicted, you have to play the song over and over and over again.
- the amazing production, so many layers superposed, the outstanding work on the vocals and backing vocals, the perfect blending of them with the music. I mentioned Nana Hedin being my favorite vocalist ever and his talent at being a singer too, he does have a great voice! (Go listen to his songs with Its Alive or his demo of Bigger, it is all on Youtube).
- the perfect structure, the powerful hooks, snares, the several melodies and harmonies put together and repeating through the song and that wonderful dynamism resulting of it.
- the instruments, patches and sounds picked for the production, my favorites usually being the synths, keys and pads (what he is the best at)
- the progression in the song, that energy and power that lasts and get bigger towards the end. The fact there is no moment you get bored in his songs, that everything is useful, the stuff that is also left out to emphasize what's important.
- the perfection of the vocal production, the fact that I also don't care much all the time about what is said but that i prefer if it SOUNDS good, the grammatically incorrect words, the subliminal messages, the "shocking???" lyrics that actually disturb some people :-P :-P...

Then I said I was happy he had success again after the 2002-2005 period when pop music was not at its best and that I was so happy he had credit as a songwriter with the several Grammies, ASCAPS...  and the Polar Prize!

I ended thanking him again, saying (Pop) music would be so gloomy without him, that he was such an inspiration for the whole world and that his music contributed to make it better and make people more cheerful. Thanks for his extremely hard work and for his talent, so big that I am not sure how it can be put into one and only human!!

I actually had to limit myself cause I was scared that he might not read because it was too long. Well, for sure, I know he read it cause he said thanks for my lovely letter to a friend of mine who met him again less than a week later. He said again he was sorry because he had to run with Katy. I'm so happy to know that he enjoyed it!

Now, I actually wish I had said he should release his own albums, even if I know that will never happen! I would give so much to actually hear him sing the demos of all the songs he gave to other artists.

Well, that's about it! Sorry for the length of my message, hope you enjoyed it!  ;)

nanofives

Thanks for giving more details, I can imagine how surreal it would be to met Max at last 😁

Feelgoodlies

Omg Sabine, I am so happy for you. Here is hoping that I could do it as well, sometime someday!

turnaround

And I liked it..

Dagge

Wow..20 years. Sabine you are one very nice personality (and a good looking one too)