• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max/Luke/Bonnie....."Vacation", "Show Me What You Got", "Wild Wild Love" G.R.L.

Started by georg_e, June 18, 2013, 12:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jules

Quote from: J_A24 on February 21, 2014, 01:49:49 AM
I hear you, but I also give credit to Pitbull for being able to build his brand. He's worked with the right people every step of the way. He's done very smart moves to get where he is.

I.E: Working with both J-LO and Marc Anthony short after their highly publicized divorce.

It's not that I dislike him, but he gets so boring. All his gimmicks are the same since 5 years and it really starts to get annoying.
Even RedOne learned that after 2 years, noone wanted their favourite songs to start with "ReeeeedOoooone" anymore! -.-

So what I'm saying is: Pitbull, I don't mind him but after so many years he could just develop a liiiiiittle bit!

J_A24

Quote from: Jules on February 21, 2014, 02:08:20 AM
It's not that I dislike him, but he gets so boring. All his gimmicks are the same since 5 years and it really starts to get annoying.
Even RedOne learned that after 2 years, noone wanted their favourite songs to start with "ReeeeedOoooone" anymore! -.-

So what I'm saying is: Pitbull, I don't mind him but after so many years he could just develop a liiiiiittle bit!

You gotta give him a break right there, he's starting to sing his pre-hooks.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: J_A24 on February 21, 2014, 01:42:15 AM
I like that pop/folk/urban mix, the second half of the chorus hits hard, love the production. And the songwriting captivates a certain authenticity that fits well with the whole folk thing. It's close to the melody of Last Goodbye by Ke$ha; Ammar Malik is credited on both songs.

also the melody of The Wanted's "We Own The Night"

nznexus

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

Axel

alright, so I finally listened to this. It's really good, I guess we can agree on that. And I'm totally with J_A24 on this one. Pitbull is really successful with what he does, and he established himself in a big big way. I probably couldn't listen to a whole album by MissaWorldwiiide, but regardless, he's fun when he's on the radio, and "his" songs kick friend, plus some lyrics are hilarious. :)

But I have a completely different question, particularly to other songwriters out there: While the melody is good, I would probably never have recorded it. Why? Because I would think that it sounds so familiar, like you've heard it a thousand times before, and that somebody out there certainly has already recorded it. Call it fear of being called a copycat. :) Wouldn't you have thought the same if you had come up with this melody? how do you guys deal with this?

The "folk" touch of this song hits the current megatrend (which is probably over soon), that you score big with just a bassdrum and strumming guitars. So many similar songs have been on the charts, including songs like James Blunt's Bonfire Heart and many other Ryan Tedder-penned tracks.

Jules

"Wild Wild Love"
(written by Max Martin / Dr. Luke / Cirkut / Ammar Malik / Pitbull / Alexander Castillo Vasquez)

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

And I liked it..

nznexus

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: Jules on February 25, 2014, 11:58:44 AM
"Wild Wild Love"
(written by Max Martin / Dr. Luke / Cirkut / Ammar Malik / Pitbull / Alexander Castillo Vasquez)

I like the chorus a lot, but I just can't with the verses.
And I think it's vocally overproduced, it just doesn't sound good.

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

Rebecca

Wild Wild Love is super catchy. I'm not sick of Pitbull at all, even if he's the same in every song, I still like him.

turnaround

When the chorus is good, no-one can make me not to love songs like these.
And I liked it..