• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

''Catcher in The Rye" continued.....

Started by georg_e, February 17, 2014, 10:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georg_e

Moved this here, as even tho it was triggered by B's comments about RedOne, I was takin it a bit far off the subject :D

Quote from: B Steady on Today at 08:51:37 PM
<<Once I've read this too, can't remember it to. Could you please remind me?
And I'm glad you see me in your life even when you're not in  the forum >>

There was a great documentary on TV here in US recently on the author, JD Salinger, and after seeing it I just had to finally break down and read this book :-)   It is so completely hysterically funny and yet sometimes sad at the drop of a hat, which I guess is what makes it great. It takes place in NYC, so I identify with it alot. Some of the language is a little dated -- slang of the times @1950--but the outlook? Totally modern. I'm reading it in on a free pdf http://english-4u.net/online/documents/THECATCHERINTHERYE.pdf  I think the hero is around what you once said was your age....

I'm actually surprised it gets recommended in schools: it goes against everything they teach ;-) Don't want it to end......just reading like 10 pages a night!