• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max/Luke/Bonnie....."Vacation", "Show Me What You Got", "Wild Wild Love" G.R.L.

Started by georg_e, June 18, 2013, 12:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam B

lol

or is it 'kek' nowadays? been spending too much time on 4chan lately..

Polarmachine

haha that's hilarious. It has the exact same meaning. And if it is so very disrespectful, why do you write it yourself?

But why even bring this up in this thread?

J_A24

Well they've got a new song coming up called "Lighthouse" and the snippet sounds great, really emotional:

http://original-tune.com/2014/11/grl-divulga-previa-lighthouse-primeiro-single-grupo-sem-simone-battle/

Great melodies all over, still sounds demo-ish.

Rebecca

turnaround

Lighthouse is out now:

"Lighthouse" written by Lukasz Gottwald, Theron Thomas, Timothy Thomas and Henry Walter and produced by Dr. Luke and Cirkut.

video: http://smarturl.it/LighthouseVid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ9AGuG59i8

Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/album/0ITz7kMihqY42O79jazQTz

QuoteG.R.L. is urging fans to visit www.grlgivesanhour.org to learn more about helping those who are hurting to achieve mental wellness.  Give an Hour is a non-profit 501 (c)(3), founded in September 2005 by Dr. Barbara Van Dahlen, a psychologist in the Washington, D.C., area. By leading a collective impact effort to change the story in America around mental health, mental illness, and wellness, Give an Hour and its partners will educate Americans about the signs of emotional suffering and will work to eliminate the barriers that prevent those in need from seeking the help and support they deserve.
And I liked it..

J_A24

turnaround

No Max, though.

QuoteLighthouse, 00:03:36 

(Composer Lukasz Gottwald / Composer Theron Thomas / Composer Timothy Thomas

/ Composer Henry Walter - Lyricist Lukasz Gottwald / Lyricist Theron Thomas /

Lyricist Timothy Thomas / Lyricist Henry Walter) 

Published By: Kasz Money Publishing (ASCAP) / T n T Explosive Publishing

(ASCAP) / Oneirology Publishing (ASCAP) / Prescription Songs (ASCAP) 

Performer: G.R.L. 

Additional Vocals by Theron Thomas

All Instruments by Cirkut For Prescription Songs / Dr. Luke For Prescription Songs

Programmer: Cirkut For Prescription Songs / Dr. Luke For Prescription Songs

Producer: Dr. Luke For Prescription Songs / Cirkut For Prescription Songs

Recording Engineer: Clint Gibbs At eightysevenfourteen Studios, Los Angeles,  CA

Assistant Engineer: Rachael Findlen / Cameron Montgomery

Mixing Engineer: Serban Ghenea At MixStar Studios, Virginia Beach, VA

Engineer: John Hanes
And I liked it..

uberweiss

It's okay... Nowhere near as good as Ugly Heart/Show Me What You Got/Rewind. Rehashed guitar-led production, uninteresting melodies, woefully emotionless lyrics... I like the "oh woah oh"s and the build in the final chorus.

j.fco.morales

I liked the simple chord progression and Cirkut's sonic craft.
I expected a bigger chorus though...

Reading the credits my friend turnaround posted above: additional vocals on a 4 piece vocal ensemble?
Come on, these girls are lazy...

Rex

uberweiss

Quote from: Rex on January 16, 2015, 10:46:18 PM
Which was the last song Max and Luke did together?

From 2014 there's "Wild Wild Love" and "Show Me What You Got", as well as Shakira's "Dare" but I think they produced that a couple years ago. Interesting to see if they continue to go separate ways. Something to do with Dr. Luke's behaviour maybe. Benny Blanco and Max seem to be distancing themselves.

AlexanderLaBrea

Quote from: j.fco.morales on January 16, 2015, 04:16:34 PM
Reading the credits my friend turnaround posted above: additional vocals on a 4 piece vocal ensemble?
Come on, these girls are lazy...

You do realize that It's not because they are lazy right?

j.fco.morales

mxmcarl

Quote from: j.fco.morales on January 17, 2015, 04:57:08 PM
I forgot about the suicide, damn!
I'm sorry.

I think what Alexander is pointing out is the obvious fact that they have a male backing vocals in order to get the vocals right. It's quite hard for a girl to imitate a mans voice, they use a man for the for the low harmonies in the chorus and for the "ooh ooh" parts. Also it's quite good to have a person from the other gender to get a better sounding mix, just as Max martin used girls on the backstreet boys background vocals and himself did some of the backing vocals on the britney albums! (you can for instance hear his voice in the BGV of baby one more time).