• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

NEED A LYRICIST!!! Have Opportunities for Big Stuff

Started by Voodoo, January 24, 2014, 03:55:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voodoo

Hey all!!!
First off let me explain what I need, then I'll explain my story and what to do next.

WHO and WHAT I NEED:
I need a lyricist who specializes in lyrics and loves POP MUSIC!
(If youre a writer, producer, melody writer, lyricist and an all around "jack of all trades" type... sorry but this wont work out.)
This person must understand the commercial value of a great lyric and hopefully aspires to write things that SHOULD be on the radio and CAN be  understood by millions of people. And this person can be male or female... young or old.... but obviously needs to be current with music.

MY STORY:
I wont sugar coat it: I am apart of an aspiring writing group in California (United States). We're hard workers and have been involved with music for over a dozen years or more. We've been writing together for about 6 months. Already, we have some fully finished pop-country songs that are currently "on hold" by some MAJOR pop country artists in the United States. Listen... I'm not tooting my own horn here, just trying to get the message across that we are seriously into this and take our work very serious and are aiming for the BEST.

Having said the pop country thing.... we also write POP music. That's where YOU COME IN! 
AS far as spreading the music, we have an agent in Nashville (pop country stuff), we belong to the Taxi music service ( and have already had a few forwarded songs that went on to major labels), and we also have friends in the POP industry in Los Angeles. 

Soooooo..... having said all that..... we have produced songs // demos with melody already written. And somtimes theres even "slush" or "fake" lyrics in there or just simple "la la la's" in there to hold the melody down.
Sometimes we have full lyric concepts but just no good lyric ideas. Most of the time, we would send you stuff with us humming or singing the melody over a produced song. But what we need is a TRUE lyricist to come in and take our melodies, put words to them and make something great even better!

So... if you are at all interested... just respond to me in this thread (to keep me thread alive) and I will private message you. I am willing to send over a chorus snippet to see what you can write to. For example, we have a boy band thing that we are working on right now that I can send over. Everything is already done and we even have a clever lyric concept... we just need those words to take it to the EDGE!!!

Like I said, if you are interested and are SERIOUS about this (serious meaning: works hard, can work even harder, can take constructive criticsm, is a team player, etc..), just respond to me here in this thread and I will PRIVATE MESSAGE YOU.

We can get started as soon as you want. We have a February 14th deadline for a boy band song and we'd love to try and make that.

Thanks for reading

turnaround

And I liked it..

andrea

I'm very interested, I already work as a songwriter/lyricist!

Jalado

I have a shitload of lyrics, I wrote. I have been writing 3 choruses a day for the last two months. I must have at least 200 by now. You can check out my demo I posted on this forum. But I wrote that a long time ago, and my writing has gotten a lot better. I can turn your slush lyrics into gold probably. Send a link to the beat and i'll put some good lyrics on it. Peace.

AdamKhan

Hey Voodoo!

I'm interested...And i am in California alot workin with people you may even know maybe.

PM me

Thx

awonip

Sounds interesting. PM me too! Would this be artist for hire arrangement or cowriting credits?
Lets Play Together Among These Summer Waves

gm33

-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

j.fco.morales

Let's give it a try, we can get feedback from the users as well!

And for free!

BrentS

Hi, I'm an ASCAP registered lyricist who writes for a variety of different genres including pop, rock, alternative...
I would be very interested to hear your tracks and work with you on upcoming projects.
I've attached links to three artists that I've written lyrics for, all of these tracks were based on a basic melody that I put lyrics to.
I'm based outside Washington DC and typically collaborate over the web.
Let me know if you have any questions or would like to see more of my work.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Regards,
Brent

https://myspace.com/joshuastaar/music/songs         (click on track 12 "never too late")
http://www.neodrone.com/music.html                     (tracks 2,3,6,10 on "Extended Horizon"; track 1 "out of the blue")
http://www.zamzamusic.com/                                 (click on "songs for jukebox", "Weaker Sex", "Take a chance")

NeutronSynergy

Did this materialized into big stuff / great opportunities ,would be interesting to hear  8)

alis grave nil

turnaround

And I liked it..

Voodoo

Hey guys // gals... thanks for checking in. It's not really a "here's your ticket to the big times" kinda thing... and I didnt mean it to sound like that. As you guys know... Its always an ongoing process! Currently we do have some cool stuff going on and I will keep you all in the loop about the haps.  Regarding lyrics... there were a bunch of members on here that I did PM. Some I didnt hear back from and some I did. Thank you all that did try to help out and that took time to follow up. But... We are currently working on lyrics ourselves because it has proven easier to keep everything in house and its much easier to make changes FAST. Thanks again guys!

NeutronSynergy

Anything materialized ie. working songs are interesting  8)
the size and worth of other things 'on the maze' are purely speculative.

Here is (literally) a change for the big stuff  - where lyrics and melody are needed :
http://www.presonus.com/community/blog/index.php/2014/03/12/get-your-hooks-in-and-win-big-really-big/
alis grave nil