• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Megan & Liz - Release You

Started by Alex Martin, June 01, 2013, 10:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

max_martin_fan

The verse is good!!
Im quite sad with max lately, the new bsb stuff was a big letdown for me :-( I was expecting somethin more

Rebecca

Quote from: turnaround on June 02, 2013, 11:45:09 PM
I forgot, is Savan more the lyrics guy or doing the melodies?

I think Savan does the lyrics.

This song has the 'drug-effect' for me, I can't get it out of my head!

turnaround

This song is so catchy. I begin to really like it.

From Billboard:

MEGAN & LIZ
"Release You" (3:30)
Producers: Shellback, Max Martin
Writers: Shellback, Max Martin, Megan Mace, Elizabeth Mace
Collective Sounds

And I liked it..

J_A24

Quote from: max_martin_fan on June 03, 2013, 02:13:38 AM
The verse is good!!
Im quite sad with max lately, the new bsb stuff was a big letdown for me :-( I was expecting somethin more

I think this song is a bit of a let down, same thing for "Slut like you" by Pink, but the bsb song makes me smile 'cause it's a classic Max Martin song written for the backstreet boys.

turnaround

Same here, the new BSB song sounds so promising. Release you is quite good and the Pink song was one of the worst songs Max ever did, in my opinion.
And I liked it..

Joshua

Agreed, "Slut Like You" goes in the pile with "D.I.N.O.$.A.U.R." for me. It's like they'd come up with some cool lyrics but not much more.

B Steady

Dinosaur is simply funny to me! :D It doesn't sound like Max Martin / Shellback at all but it seems like they just wanted to do a fun track :D

... whereas Slut Like You is a "good mood song" to me, with a pretty good production!
Vila i frid Dag

Matteo87

I don't like it so much. Nothing special to me...
"I didn't even know what a producer did, I spent two years day and night in that studio trying to learn what the hell was going on." - Max Martin

Rebecca

Quote from: Joshua on June 15, 2013, 09:51:47 AM
Agreed, "Slut Like You" goes in the pile with "D.I.N.O.$.A.U.R." for me. It's like they'd come up with some cool lyrics but not much more.

yes, I think the same too!

But I love Release you.

j.fco.morales

I searched on the forum a topic about this and I didn't find it, I thought you guys knew this song!

The chorus is just amazing.
Written by Megan Mace, Elizabeth Mace, Savan Kotecha, Johan Schuster.
Produced by Shellback.

Not really sure about Max Martin involvement in the song, it doesn't appear on the song info from iTunes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TBVEdnHuCs

B Steady

--> http://www.swedishsongs.de/smf/index.php?topic=1729.0 ;)

It took me three attempts to find this thread. Something's wrong with the search function. Noticed that a few times already.
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

turnaround

Quote from: B Steady on August 06, 2013, 11:51:09 PM
--> http://www.swedishsongs.de/smf/index.php?topic=1729.0 ;)

It took me three attempts to find this thread. Something's wrong with the search function. Noticed that a few times already.
Problem is. When you are in the "New Songs" section and use the search function above you will only get results from the "New Songs" board.
If you want to search the whole forum you must use the search from the main site http://www.swedishsongs.de/smf/index.php

Annoying, I know.
And I liked it..

B Steady

Aaah, thanks for the hint!

I guess that's why we had 3 threads for a song once already.
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

And I liked it..