• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

If you could ask him/them anything you want...

Started by turnaround, April 19, 2007, 03:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANJ600

I agree with many posts that Denniz was the co-producer for "...Baby One More Time".  So why on Earth does Rami have the co-production credit on the CD?  This was something I noticed too back in late 1998 when Britney's first CD came out and Britney thanks Denniz, but I couldn't figure what "for what?" she was thanking him on her album.  Also back then, this forum did not exist and there was no way to "do research" on this, other than accept it for what it said on the CD.

That song is IDENTICAL to Jessica's "Tell What You Like" and if Denniz co-produced that track, there is NO DOUBT in my mind he co-produced "...Baby One More Time" with Max.

In fact, there is NO mention of Denniz whatsoever...I am really angry about that.  Is that anyway to honor the memory of one the greatest producers of all time?

Like I said earlier, Denniz's music is what caught my "ear" and it is through Denniz, that Max started working on major hits for upcoming artists (Ace of Base) for example.  Those two were the greatest team.

I agree Max may have solely written "...Baby One More Time" BUT the production credit should be Denniz and then Max.  Where does Rami come in?  I don't believe Max even knew Rami back then.

Rebecca

Hi ANJ and welcome to the forum

I don't know anything other than what's written on the cd sleeve. Denniz Pop must have done something for Britney to thank him. Perhaps Denniz was sick at the time and just didn't worry about getting the credits? i don't know.

I have read that the first song that Rami worked on with Max was Baby One More time and their partnership continued from there.

NIKLAS"NiCkY"

Quote from: "Rebecca"Hi ANJ and welcome to the forum

I don't know anything other than what's written on the cd sleeve. Denniz Pop must have done something for Britney to thank him. Perhaps Denniz was sick at the time and just didn't worry about getting the credits? i don't know.

I have read that the first song that Rami worked on with Max was Baby One More time and their partnership continued from there.

i´ll guess we never know, but i think that rami did produced baby one more time..maybe britney just wane thanks denniz because he was cheiron he started the hole thing or something like that.
If you can dream it, you can be it.

ANJ600

i guess we'll never know for sure, but one thing we can is listen to the songs "side-by-side".  First Britney and then Jessica and then Jessica and again Britney.  It is clear and confirmed that Rami had no role in writing nor in producing Jessica's "Tell Me What You Like".  We know that the main beat for Jessica's song was that of the collaboration of Denniz and Max and it is clear as crystal that Max has used the same beat in Britney's "...Baby One More Time".  In fact both songs have the same structures as well - Verse, Bridge, etc...So after listening carefully we see that Rami has assisted in only some of the synthetic sound production.  Basically you have to analyse the song bit by bit, and anything in Jessica's song that sounds similar to Britney's song is the work of Denniz and Max.  Both songs slow down near the end and there is a slight difference in the instruments used but both recover in the same way with the same twist in the following lyrics which were used in the chorus.  This repeats twice with BOTH songs going flat (amazing production) before the chorus is heard one last time.  Another interesting fact:  Jessica's song is only 3 seconds longer than Britney's.  So there you go - it is essentially the SAME song just a LITTLE difference in the use/intensity of synthetic sounds.

What we can conclude is basically Rami uses much louder synthetic sound production (if he really did co-produce "...Baby One More Time") and he uses more staccato in the music.  I strongly suggest that everyone have a listen to some of the songs produced by Rami ALONE ( eg. Westlife) and see if you can hear the difference.  So although there is some evidence that Rami contributed to the production of "...Baby One More Time" the overwhelming majority of both songs are the work of Denniz PoP and Max Martin.

I apologize about being so specific but I really believe that credit should be given when it's due.  Max has used most, if not all, the music structure of his collaboration with Denniz in Jessica's song and has applied it to Britney's song.  Denniz co-produced "...Baby One More Time"

malcolm hogg

Point well put!
Perhaps it is also right to say that Denniz massively influenced 'one more time', maybe not physically being involved.
You could use the same arguement with 'Lucky'. You could say that whoever produced 'stand by me' by ben e. king, co produced 'Lucky', where in fact it is obvious that it only massively influences the track.
Hey but whatever Denniz did and did not do, lets face it, Cheiron et al would never have been anything with out him, and his influence or co production will stay with everything that is produced by anyone of the former Cheiron guys.
A childrens song, have you listened as they play? There song is love, and the children know the way!  B.Wilson/V.D. Parks. Brian Wilson presents Smile.

Raul_esp

I would ask simply  how he decided to do this type of music as good

Rebecca

Right now I wonder if Max is nervous/anxious to see how successful Lesley Roy will be, as I imagine he's devoted a lot of time with her, I wonder if he's really hoping for a No.1, how competitive he is.

turnaround

Very good question!
I guess it's really different in this case, as he is probably some kind of mentor.

Lesley reminds me a bit of Britney. They both start their career with a Max song.
And I liked it..

Raul_esp

I hope she have a great  succesful , she is a great singer

turnaround

I would like to know why they Max didn't produce "Siberia" himself?

It's produced by Christian Nilsson and Johan Brorson at Maratone.

Does anyone know them?
And I liked it..

Rebecca

That is a great question! I never really noticed that. Max must have been busy?

I don't know who they are, but maybe they work at Maratone.

I searched around and couldn't see much about them

I found that they both produced Ana Johnsson's "Don't Cry For Pain" which Max wrote.

Johan Brorson produced Darin's "Stand By Me"

Christian Nilsson co-produced E-Type's "Paradise"

Anyone know anything else?

*Sabine*

Really nice thread that for some unknown reason had never caught my attention!

After the very first question that would naturally be "Will you marry me?"  :P , the other ones would be:
- How do you choose the artists you want to work with?
- Do you actually choose them or record companies usually go to you first?
- Do you really write what you like or what you think people will buy?
- Are you always inspired or are you sometimes stressed out your music won't be successful?
- How much money do you make (without being curious)?
- Would you like to work again with Britney?

Of course, i'd have many others, but here are the main ones I can think of as for now... ;)

Khan9898

if he ever will return to his original r&b/pop sound

Izalightblue

Do you write about things you like? What inspires you?  ;)