• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry - Chained To The Rhythm

Started by turnaround, February 07, 2017, 12:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georg_e

That "friend" auto-replace ......now THAT'S embarrassing!!!! ::)

turnaround

Quote from: georg_e on February 15, 2017, 07:34:25 PM
I will .....but "hatred"??? Please. Almost as overused word as "racist". And you don't think Max gets mad and swears?
You get my point. No swearing in this forum. Thank you.
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

Quote from: Rebecca on February 12, 2017, 10:32:04 AM
I love this song! I gave it an 8 for now.

The beginnings of the verses remind me of The Carpenters "We've Only Just Begun".

I also love the lyric video to Chained.

Such a classic.

bugmenot

Seems 4/4 to me.
Sheet music say so too. Click words This is a 1 page sample. You'll receive all 7 pages after purchase.Click here to preview all pages.

B Steady

Quote from: bugmenot on February 16, 2017, 08:03:11 AM
Seems 4/4 to me.
Sheet music say so too. Click words This is a 1 page sample. You'll receive all 7 pages after purchase.Click here to preview all pages.

Why is this even a discussion? Why does it only SEEM 4/4 to you? Why do you need help? Y'all not chained to the rhythm.

What I really don't like about this song is the end. The beat fades out way too soon/fast. Still I rate it 8 now (unfortunately I cannot edit my vote in the poll).
Vila i frid Dag

melodicmoonlight

instrumental is out. i made a pretty good filtered a cappella

turnaround

You can now edit your vote - in case the song has grown on you or you were too euphoric.
And I liked it..

georg_e

Quote from: B Steady on February 16, 2017, 09:59:41 AM
Why is this even a discussion? Why does it only SEEM 4/4 to you? Why do you need help? Y'all not chained to the rhythm.

What I really don't like about this song is the end. The beat fades out way too soon/fast. Still I rate it 8 now (unfortunately I cannot edit my vote in the poll).
Polyrythm https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyrhythm
In this case, melody phrasing of prechorus intentionally contrasts with the 4/4 time signature. It's indisputable. I heard this clash on my very first listen to the song. Made me wonder if they switched time signatures there. That was the point of my bringing this up in the first place, to ask what's happening there (it's tricky) but nobody wants to use/stretch their ears.........

B Steady

Quote from: georg_e on February 16, 2017, 03:35:29 PM
Polyrythm https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyrhythm
In this case, melody phrasing of prechorus intentionally contrasts with the 4/4 time signature. It's indisputable. I heard this clash on my very first listen to the song. That was the point of my bringing this up in the first place, to ask what's happening there (it's tricky) but nobody wants to use/stretch their ears..........

"[The time signature] doesn't stay in 4/4 time in first couple of bars ."

That's what you said, and that is wrong.

Nobody denied the melody phrasing contrasts with the 4/4 time signature.
Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

Quote from: B Steady on February 16, 2017, 03:45:54 PM
"[The time signature] doesn't stay in 4/4 time in first couple of bars ."

That's what you said, and that is wrong.

Nobody denied the melody phrasing contrasts with the 4/4 time signature.
"nobody denied it" because nobody HEARD it. My very first post on this was like "what's going my on there, sounds like maybe they switched time signatures"? All I got back "duh, it's in 4/4".
Really insightful answers, but I figured it out myself now.

B Steady

Quote from: georg_e on February 16, 2017, 03:50:10 PM
"nobody denied it" because nobody HEARD it. My very first post on this was like "what's going my on there, sounds like maybe they switched time signatures"? All I got back "duh, it's in 4/4".
Really insightful answers, but I figured it out myself now.

No, we are all aware of it but you were talking about the time signature which has nothing to do with the melody phrasing.
If you would've said "what's happening with the melody phrasing there" it would've been a different discussion - the discussion you were looking for.
Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

Quote from: B Steady on February 16, 2017, 03:51:58 PM
No, we are all aware of it but you were talking about the time signature which has nothing to do with the melody phrasing.
uh huh, sure you're "all aware of it" since I posted the link to polyrythm article! Interesting No one mentioned it before that. Case closed.
PS it has EVERYthing to do with the time signature, since it's the contrast beteeen the melody and the
time signature that creates the clash.

B Steady

Quote from: georg_e on February 16, 2017, 03:55:23 PM
uh huh, sure you're "all aware of it" since I posted the link to polyrythm article! Interesting No one mentioned it before that. Case closed.
PS it has EVERYthing to do with the time signature, since it's the contrast beteeen the melody and the
time signature that creates the clash.

What I wanted to say:
I (I won't talk for everyone else anymore) was aware that the melody contrasts with the time signature. Polyrhythm wasn't even the topic. The topic was a change of the time signature - that doesn't happen in the song. That was the actual "case" you wanted to close, not polyrhythm.

And with "has nothing to do" I meant it doesn't change the time sig.
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

There's no polyrhythm in pop music.

The only thing close to a pop song with different signatures is Crying in Public by Chairlift.

georg_e

Quote from: j.fco.morales on February 17, 2017, 05:46:51 AM
There's no polyrhythm in pop music.

The only thing close to a pop song with different signatures is Crying in Public by Chairlift.
Did you read the article I linked to? It mentions TWO Beatles songs that use it. And actually I think Katy Perry is maybe generally considered "pop music". (?)  ??? It also notes that the HOOK of Britney "Til the World Ends" uses it ....