• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

The "secret" about Benny Blanco's drums!

Started by jv2612, February 01, 2013, 06:22:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jv2612

Literally none, he just layer samples and doesn't process them, most of his drums are sampled from other records and he just import them in the grid, he mess a bit with the volume, but thats pretty much it.

None of his sounds/plugins are like super secret, he uses a lot Decimator and Filterfreak(which gives the distortion-ish you hear in most of his tracks), on the vocals either EchoFarm or EchoBoy, also ChannelStrip, he uses frequently the BombFactory compressor. I also saw many of AIR Plugins on his sessions.

I just thought I'd share this info because I think its really helpful :)

nznexus

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

nznexus

i really want to know about DR LUKE!!!!

i know he uses hardware filter and some other synth.

but... still..
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

AdamKhan

I think Cirkuit does drum programming for Dr.Luke

Gino

nznexus

Quote from: jv2612 on February 01, 2013, 06:22:45 AM
Literally none, he just layer samples and doesn't process them, most of his drums are sampled from other records and he just import them in the grid, he mess a bit with the volume, but thats pretty much it.

None of his sounds/plugins are like super secret, he uses a lot Decimator and Filterfreak(which gives the distortion-ish you hear in most of his tracks), on the vocals either EchoFarm or EchoBoy, also ChannelStrip, he uses frequently the BombFactory compressor. I also saw many of AIR Plugins on his sessions.

Air plugins? is he using cracked plugins lol

nznexus

Quote from: Gino on February 17, 2014, 12:11:53 PM
Any chance to get those sessions??  ::)

i heard someone on gearslutz had the ET session for katy perry.

for pro tools

j.fco.morales

Benny Blanco drums doesn't have anything special.

Cirkut puts the BitCrusher fx to EVERYTHING.

J_A24

There is so much wrong with the original post I don't even know where to begin.

nznexus

there is no secret. its just samples that sound good from the beginning and sound well in the mix i think

the difference is... they fit into the mix while u sit home and search thru your sample libraries of 10000 samples this dude knows what fit eachother in the mix

nznexus

Quote from: jv2612 on February 01, 2013, 06:22:45 AM

i never understood how to layer samples correectly

J_A24

Quote from: nznexus on February 27, 2014, 08:10:22 PM
i never understood how to layer samples correectly
Some pretty basic layering:

For kicks: You get a kick with mainly lows with a really short attack and another one with more low-mid range with a "snap" or longer attack that you like. Adjust each of the kicks volume and EQ them if needed so that it punches the way you like, but adjusting the volume is enough most of the time. You can layer more kicks if you want to if you wanna get a different or more punch. EQ, compression and really really short reverb if you feel like to widen it.

For claps: You get a really white-noisy clap and another one that has more texture (distortion, snappy clap), then put a really low percussion sound (like a stick, cowbell, tonal sound) to make the attack even more unique. Adjust the volume of each one to get the texture that you like. EQ, compression, reverb, delay (haas effect) and any other effect that you like.

I always use vengeance samples, with vinyl samples when I layer my drums. It gives a nice character to them.

B Steady

on my latest production I've layered around 10 kicks, 10 claps and 5 snares :D
Vila i frid Dag

J_A24

Quote from: B Steady on February 28, 2014, 12:47:27 AM
on my latest production I've layered around 10 kicks, 10 claps and 5 snares :D

Anything to get those drums hitting hard. It's key.

I also add a bit of distortion to them. FXpansion's Maul is great for that.

j.fco.morales