• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

"Zombie" song produced by me !

Started by maxmartin'sfan, September 21, 2011, 01:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxmartin'sfan

http://soundcloud.com/popsoul/thelma-lebert-zombie-demo-prod

Hey Guys, here's not a new song, but the full version with the female Swedish singer, Thelma Lebert!  The vocal tracks are going to be record again, because it's not perfect!

Tell me what do u think!

"Zombie"
Music by Nico/Daniel Bryer/Jena LEE
Lyrics by Dan Bryer

Performed by Thelma Lebert
Produced by Popsoul

Raul_esp

Quote from: maxmartin'sfan on September 21, 2011, 01:57:54 AM
http://soundcloud.com/popsoul/thelma-lebert-zombie-demo-prod

Hey Guys, here's not a new song, but the full version with the female Swedish singer, Thelma Lebert!  The vocal tracks are going to be record again, because it's not perfect!

Tell me what do u think!

"Zombie"
Music by Nico/Daniel Bryer/Jena LEE
Lyrics by Dan Bryer

Performed by Thelma Lebert
Produced by Popsoul

It sounds amazing! , great work !!

Rebecca

I really like it. Thelma is a great singer

Axel

hi "Popsoul"

A couple of comments from me, but beware, it's only my opinion :)

I think you made a nice demo, but it still needs polishing. First things first: I think the absolutely strongest part of the song is that element where you go "Zombie, zombie, z-z-z-z-zombie" in a bit of a Kesha-style. This part you absolutely must push more to the front as IMO it's one that instantly makes your song recognizable. It's a killer hook, it should be the first thing you hear when the song starts, maybe even that alone (without any music element in the background).. just the voice with some effects (maybe distortion?) on top of it before the song kicks off. When I listened to the song, that is what stood out the most to me, and maybe it's worth exploring to bring it more to the front.

The singing is okay, but I think the lyrics appear a bit weak to me but then again, I have pretty much no clue about lyrics, and I'm no good at writing any either, so I'm the last person who's going to criticize lyrics. :)  When you say the vocals will be recorded again, I'm guessing you mean the chorus? I think she sometimes doesn't hit the notes spot on in the chorus. I would also tone down the reverb in the vocals. Seems to be a little too much of it, but again, I'm not the right person to judge that as my focus is on songwriting and not producing.

I'm looking forward to checking out any updated version as soon as you have it.
-Axel