• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

The bestselling CASSETTE single in the UK 2011 was.....

Started by turnaround, February 06, 2012, 08:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

N SYNC - I'LL NEVER STOP  :o 8)

Welsh rockers Feeder fell short of the Top 75 with their last five singles but an unusual (for 2012) four format release strategy brings them career hit number 25, as Borders debuts at number 52 (4,663 sales). The introductory single from the band's eighth studio album Generation Freakshow, which is released next month, Borders sold 2,978 copies digitally last week, plus 644 on CD, 574 on 7-inch and 467 on...cassette. It is the first Top 75 hit to include sales from a cassette since Elton John's Are You Ready For Love topped the chart in 2003. As the biggest-selling cassette of 2011 -
'N Sync's I'll Never Stop - sold only 11 copies all year, it will come as no surprise that Borders was the nation's number one cassette last week. It was also the number one 7-inch and the number two CD (behind Wherever You Are by The Military Wives) but not among the Top 75 downloads. Incidentally, it is something of a mystery why I'll Never Stop was the biggest selling cassette not only in 2011 but also in 2010 (13 sales) and 2009 (24 sales) - it was only a number 11 hit when released in 2000. Admittedly its cassette sales are very modest but is it possible that there's just one retailer who, for some reason, had a large number of copies of the release, and is selling the occasional copy from his bargain bin?

http://www.musicweek.com/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=1048405&c=1
And I liked it..

turnaround

11 copies for a #1

I never had a cassette single - only albums.  :)
And I liked it..

Rebecca

That is awesome! 11 copies! I think I had some cassette singles, but can't remember which ones.

Joshua

Feelgoodlies

Lol, congrats to Kristian!

I love the song a lot, I heard the instrumental version of it a week ago!