• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Where do you get your music?

Started by turnaround, April 02, 2013, 04:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

Just interested.

Streaming seems to be very big in Sweden for example..

In Germany physical albums are still important and downloads. But streaming is growing.

I think Streaming is great but I still buy the odd physical album or download. Especially when I really like the artist.

And I liked it..

georg_e

Wow, this is a really good question, because it made me realize something kind of shocking:  I almost never BUY music anymore. The last song I bought on iTunes was "Last Friday Night", and the last physical CD i bought was.....hard to even remember, but I think it was Leona Lewis "Spirit"!   Whereas in 2006 and 2007 I would still buy physical CD's.  Now, I mostly just check out songs on YouTube and Tumblr etc.     But if a song came out that completely knocked me out, I would still buy it on iTunes to have the best audio quality
;-)

EDIT:  This question made me remember fondly before the Internet really hit, when the only way to get music was to hear something on the radio and then rush like an addict to the record store and get the CD, CD single...or even.........(way back in the 90's)...the CASSETTE single!  :-)    Somehow it was more exciting then, the thrill of finding that prize song I was obsessed with at the store......it's all so easy now......just handed to you.......no chase needed.

Joshua

I'm still a real sucker for physical cover art and what not, so I'll usually download most tracks but then buy physical copies of artists or albums I'm really in love with, or want to collect.

Quote from: georg_e on April 02, 2013, 05:48:04 PM
Somehow it was more exciting then, the thrill of finding that prize song I was obsessed with at the store......it's all so easy now......just handed to you.......no chase needed.

You're so right! I remember even waiting a week sometimes for a particular single or album to come in on order, at times I'd even go in daily to ask if it had arrived. Until I had that CD or cassette, I'd have to put up with what I'd recorded off tv or radio. But yeah, Google searching for a leak doesn't really cut it I agree.

Raul_esp

I Prefer Streaming , I can't got all the music I like  ;D

Joshua

I've never used Spotify etc. so this might sound stupid... but with streaming, aren't you using up bandwidth again and again to hear the same music? I don't get the benefit over downloading the files in the first place.

georg_e

Quote from: Joshua on April 03, 2013, 10:10:33 AM
I'm still a real sucker for physical cover art and what not, so I'll usually download most tracks but then buy physical copies of artists or albums I'm really in love with, or want to collect.

Quote from: georg_e on April 02, 2013, 05:48:04 PM
Somehow it was more exciting then, the thrill of finding that prize song I was obsessed with at the store......it's all so easy now......just handed to you.......no chase needed.

You're so right! I remember even waiting a week sometimes for a particular single or album to come in on order, at times I'd even go in daily to ask if it had arrived. Until I had that CD or cassette, I'd have to put up with what I'd recorded off tv or radio. But yeah, Google searching for a leak doesn't really cut it I agree.
Having said all that, though, fortunately the actual MUSICAL thrill is exactly the same for me in the end.......for example recently I really wanted to hear the full version of that Agnetha Faltskog song (the 'Carpenterish' one).....kept looking, looking...nothing.......when I finally found it on Vimeo and heard that piano introduction on headphones and  how it fit with what was on the preview clip I was totally in ecstasy!!

B Steady

CDs !!! <3

all my favorite albums I got as a CD (about 200) but I also buy lots of songs/albums on amazon (mp3) / iTunes

Music is the most important part of my life, therefore I'm buying everything I like!!
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

Quote from: georg_eHaving said all that, though, fortunately the actual MUSICAL thrill is exactly the same for me in the end

Yeah, same here... I think having to wait was just the bonus excitement intensifier! I'm sure the younger generation still get as excited about a new release when it hits YouTube etc.

Rebecca

I still buy cd's! I want the cd booklet. I only download from itunes sometimes. but these days I don't buy that many cd's, if I'm curious about something I listen to it on youtube.

I agree George and Joshua, I miss the thrill of waiting until a cd is available in the store! I loved those days!

turnaround

I use streaming a lot recently. It's great to find new music and listen to more than a snippet and get an impression if the music is your thing.
Also I sometimes remember a certain artist or song and feel the urge to listen to it again. The catalogue they have is incredible.

If I'm a fan of an artist I prefer having the physical CD though.

When I really like a track I also download it to have it on my pc and cellphone without internet connection.
And I liked it..

turnaround

Interesting article about streaming and the sales generated from it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22064353

QuoteSome 91% of digital income in Sweden now comes from streaming sites, compared with just 13% worldwide.
And I liked it..

B Steady

Quote from: turnaround on April 16, 2013, 10:29:28 AM
Interesting article about streaming and the sales generated from it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22064353

I see, South Korea is actually a Scandinavian country and Germany an American one haha!
Vila i frid Dag