• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

The Wanted’s single was produced by Dr Luke - Walks Like Rihanna

Started by turnaround, April 26, 2013, 01:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

I really need to listen to this in HQ. The harmonies in the chorus are indeed poptastic. It's a great song for the spring/summer.

Glad The Wanted are so poppy and don't go the RnB way.
And I liked it..

georg_e

Quote from: turnaround on April 29, 2013, 04:11:20 PM
I really need to listen to this in HQ. The harmonies in the chorus are indeed poptastic. It's a great song for the spring/summer.

Glad The Wanted are so poppy and don't go the RnB way.
I know.....really need good audio on this --can't find anywhere yet :-(   But I love the song 100%!!

andrea

I found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvb9WDD9Z3U
but it seems different!

EDIT: It's the DEMO

Joshua

Oh thanks Andrea! I'm madly in love with this song, I've listened to it about twenty times tonight. It gives me the same feeling I had when I first heard songs like "I Want It That Way"... which might sound like a big call, and I'm not saying that it's necessarily as good, it's just that the melody/chords give me the same kind of exciting chills.

georg_e

Quote from: andrea on April 30, 2013, 06:57:44 PM
I found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvb9WDD9Z3U
but it seems different!

EDIT: It's the DEMO
Wow, fascinating, thanks Andrea :-)    Even from the radio rip you can tell the final has so much more punch than this.....but even on this the CHORUS just jumps out as great!    Funny the little "Whoah-oh" in the second verses is more suppressed on this....it's the same 'Whoah-oh" as in "The One That Got Away" verses btw......Katy's touch, I guess......

andrea

I think it's really an amazing song... one of the best pop songs of the last years!

B Steady

I said i find it rather boring. But now that y'all like the song that much I thought I give it a second listen ... but still it's one of the most boring songs of Dr. Luke for years to me ... I don't get y'all ...
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

Quote from: B Steady on April 30, 2013, 08:41:06 PM
... I don't get y'all ...

That's the beauty of our different tastes. :) I don't think the lyrics are anything to write home about, and the production is fairly stock standard (though in this case that's a positive in my books, I'm getting tired of over the top production). It's purely the brilliant melody and chord combination that makes it magical for me. It's so simple, yet so striking and emotive.

B Steady

Quote from: Joshua on May 01, 2013, 01:57:30 PM
That's the beauty of our different tastes. :) I don't think the lyrics are anything to write home about, and the production is fairly stock standard (though in this case that's a positive in my books, I'm getting tired of over the top production). It's purely the brilliant melody and chord combination that makes it magical for me. It's so simple, yet so striking and emotive.

* it's purely the boring melody and chord combination that makes it boring for me. It's too simple ...
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

Quote from: B Steady on May 01, 2013, 02:56:53 PM
* it's purely the boring melody and chord combination that makes it boring for me. It's too simple ...

I doubt simplicity is your issue with it. Songs like "Sibera" and Britney's "Gimme More" have extremely simple melody lines, but they work. Avril's "Hot" is as simplistic as anything, and if you're a fan of will.i.am, well then you're probably enjoying songs where verses rarely stray from one or two notes. #thatpower is hardly elaborate.

So maybe the harmonics just don't make your brain go giddy, who knows the science behind why we like what we like. I mean, "Beauty & A Beat" and "I Knew You Were Trouble" don't do anything for me, but I bet I'm in the minority there... it's just how it is!

Alex Martin

B Steady

Quote from: Joshua on May 01, 2013, 03:21:05 PM
I doubt simplicity is really your issue with it, considering "Everyone" is less elaborate melody-wise, another example of a great song with a simple melody. Even songs like "Sibera" and Britney's "Gimme More" have extremely simple melody lines, but they work. Avril's "Hot" is as simplistic as anything too! Maybe the harmonics just don't make your brain go giddy, who knows the science behind why we like what we like. I mean, "Beauty & A Beat" and "I Knew You Were Trouble" don't do anything for me, but I bet I'm in the minority there.

It's simply the whole song. It got nothing special to me. Still I'll buy it. But I expect more from Dr. Luke.

Beauty And A Beat / I Knew You Were Trouble. are two of the best songs ever.
Vila i frid Dag

B Steady

I gave it a 3rd listen and I think I figured out what's annoying me the most in this song:

- the guitars ... you can hear them from the beginning till the end so that they get really boring to me
- the drums ... very boring rhythm, barely or even no variety at all
- the chorus ... the first chorus is too short and the vocal melody is very predictable
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

Quote from: B Steady on May 01, 2013, 03:28:42 PM
Beauty And A Beat / I Knew You Were Trouble. are two of the best songs ever.

You see my point then. :D To me the only thing that stands out in those two tracks is the production, which isn't enough for me to love them. Different courses for different horses, as they say.

Quote from: B Steady on May 01, 2013, 03:39:57 PM
I gave it a 3rd listen and I think I figured out what's annoying me the most in this song:

- the guitars ... you can hear them from the beginning till the end so that they get really boring to me
- the drums ... very boring rhythm, barely or even no variety at all
- the chorus ... the first chorus is too short and the vocal melody is very predictable

I'm thinking production plays a big role in what you like and dislike, which is cool of course. Having a short first chorus is pretty standard, so many songs tease with half choruses, yet with this song it's full length anyway. I also don't mind a predictable melody if it's good... though I don't find this one predictable myself. For me the simplicity is what makes it such a strong melody, because every note works brilliantly to my ears, without any need to complicate things.

B Steady

Just wait until the song/album is available on iTunes/amazon and I'll tell you how great it is! ;)
Vila i frid Dag