• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

The Wanted’s single was produced by Dr Luke - Walks Like Rihanna

Started by turnaround, April 26, 2013, 01:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Steady

The high keynote is the most annoying thing in this song. It's used excessive here.
Vila i frid Dag

Raul_esp

I think simpleness is the best in the pop music , the best pop songs ever have simple melodies , I love this song for the melody of the chorus , it grabs you in the first listen. Maybe the verses are a bit generic but are good too.

B Steady

Quote from: Joshua on May 01, 2013, 03:21:05 PM
I doubt simplicity is your issue with it. Songs like "Sibera" and Britney's "Gimme More" have extremely simple melody lines, but they work. Avril's "Hot" is as simplistic as anything, and if you're a fan of will.i.am, well then you're probably enjoying songs where verses rarely stray from one or two notes. #thatpower is hardly elaborate.

So maybe the harmonics just don't make your brain go giddy, who knows the science behind why we like what we like. I mean, "Beauty & A Beat" and "I Knew You Were Trouble" don't do anything for me, but I bet I'm in the minority there... it's just how it is!

How can you compare this song to a #willpower song?? That's really not how I think. When I listen to a Dr. Luke song I have the highest possible expectation. I'm not thinking of other producer's (except Max Martin & Co.) work when I listen to a Dr. Luke production.

Btw I'm really glad you removed the "Everyone" comparison from your comment ... How could you compare this Cheiron-Lundin-masterpiece to a 2013 song? ...
Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

Seems risky for them to preview this in such really horrible LQ sound from one radio broadcast preview.......I mean I love the song, but this is like taking a Porsche onto the Autobahn and being stuck in first gear.......the actual record is gonna have G Forces pushing you back in your seat :D

Rebecca

I love it! I agree with Raul, it is so A1's "Caught in the middle"

However, I think it is one of Dr Luke's best. A hit for sure

I wonder who came up with the title? Walks Like Rihanna is almost like Moves Like Jagger!

georg_e

Official Audio up on Wanted's YouTube Channel  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38q7DGPYMjQ&list=UUD0BJ0znkCCrPjIsxX8OE1Q&index=1      They tagged it to prevent rip offs, but still a big improvement...I already felt like this will be #1 in UK, but after listening to it now in HQ a bunch of times I got this chill that it's gonna be huge here in US this summer too.....it's a joyful song, and people love that :D

AdamKhan

Khan9898

The boom boom lyrics are a clear sign it was a Dr. Luke song, even more if Katy Perry actually helped co-write it.

B Steady

hey guys! did you know that this song is great?! ;D

finally I love it ! :)
Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

Was falling asleep last night when I realized the most amazing thing about this song.......how compact the chorus is. With just one little change in bass line and ending melody on sus 4, it's just 4 bars repeated twice, with exact same lyrics.  It's very hard to come up with something strong enough to get away with this.....especially with lyrics.

Joshua

Quote from: B Steady on May 01, 2013, 04:42:11 PM
How can you compare this song to a #willpower song?? That's really not how I think. When I listen to a Dr. Luke song I have the highest possible expectation. I'm not thinking of other producer's (except Max Martin & Co.) work when I listen to a Dr. Luke production.

Btw I'm really glad you removed the "Everyone" comparison from your comment ... How could you compare this Cheiron-Lundin-masterpiece to a 2013 song? ...

Because you were referring to the melody as being boring, so I was trying to point out that some of the best pop songs have melodies with similarly little variation. Including "Everyone", I just thought it wasn't as good an example as the others to make my point, but it does repeat an almost identical line four times. Plus, why should will.i.am or any song written in 2013 not be compared to Max & Luke's work? Music is music to me, if will.i.am makes a track I love, then I love it. I won't say "I love it because it's half as good as a Max track". :)

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

Are these the writers?

Songwriter/Composer   
ERFJORD EDVARD FORRE
HILL ANDY   
MICHELSEN HENRIK BARMAN   
And I liked it..

georg_e

Quote from: turnaround on May 04, 2013, 02:35:17 PM
Are these the writers?

Songwriter/Composer   
ERFJORD EDVARD FORRE
HILL ANDY   
MICHELSEN HENRIK BARMAN
Guess so, as I found this  http://riffraffpr.com/the_wanted_prs.html   which lists those three, along with Dr. Luke and Cirkut. Purely my instinct, but remember that demo of the song Andrea posted in this thread?  My gut feeling was that it wasn't a Dr. luke demo --something about the sound wasn't quite him.....so maybe those three guys (two of them have a production duo in UK called"Electric" and have made songs for Ronan Keating, Cheryl Cole and others) wrote and demoed the song, and Luke and Cirkut did the final production?
Actually, as far as Luke & Cirkut being listed FIRST on the PRS composer (and publishing company, for Dr. Luke) credits, it kind of defies logic that they would've written the large part of the song, and then sent it to THREE other guys to co-write and demo it! :-)  Although I guess they could've written the basic track and sent it out to different top liners, and cuz of their clout, they get top billing..... Here's a link to a really great, eye-opening (and funny, but factual I think) article about what really goes on with this stuff......it's about Beyonce, but it applies to alot more situations....
http://randomjpop.blogspot.com/2011/09/beyonce-songwriting-scams-continue-on-4.html