• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Satin Circus - EMMA / If You Love Me (copying the 1D sound)

Started by turnaround, April 26, 2013, 04:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

Oh my, another brand-new boyband, this time from Finland.

All want to get some of the success 1D have.

And this band really is so close to the 1D (Rami/Falk/Kotecha) sound, it's a bit embarassing.

Swedes are behind this song but not our team.

QuoteAxel Kalland, Kristian Westerling, Paul Uotila, Patric Sarin, Olli Halonen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8NH_R8AnkE&feature=player_embedded

But listen and judge yourself:

And I liked it..

B Steady

this can't be true :o

it's not a bit embarassing, it's completely embarassing ... oh my ...
Vila i frid Dag

Feelgoodlies

Ohh lol it sounds exactly like a One Direction song.

Alex Martin

Rebecca

It's a complete copy, but it's not a bad song at all. I can see this being a hit.

B Steady

Quote from: Rebecca on April 28, 2013, 01:26:38 AM
It's a complete copy, but it's not a bad song at all. I can see this being a hit.

you are way too cordial! how can you respect a copy of our heroes?? ;D
Vila i frid Dag

Rebecca

I have no problem with it being a copy. I think Rami and Carl Falk should take this as a compliment. This is what happens all the time when a sound is successful - someone else copies it. Also, this song is for a Finland band and for that teen market. I'm sure they don't think they will cross over and become successful in USA or rest of the world.

We had the same thing in Australia, with Reece Mastin (X Factor winner) who released a song "Good Night" which we've spoken about here, this song was a copy of Pink's "Raise Your Glass". I don't like "Good Night" because it is a bad copy, but it was quite successful here. I'm sure there's many other examples of other copies.

Re "Emma", sure it's a copy, but it's not a bad song, I don't mind it and I think it's done well. It would be different if it was sung by a UK boyband and in direct competition, but this is for Finland, so why not.

B Steady

Quote from: Rebecca on April 28, 2013, 12:12:16 PM
I have no problem with it being a copy. I think Rami and Carl Falk should take this as a compliment. This is what happens all the time when a sound is successful - someone else copies it. Also, this song is for a Finland band and for that teen market. I'm sure they don't think they will cross over and become successful in USA or rest of the world.

We had the same thing in Australia, with Reece Mastin (X Factor winner) who released a song "Good Night" which we've spoken about here, this song was a copy of Pink's "Raise Your Glass". I don't like "Good Night" because it is a bad copy, but it was quite successful here. I'm sure there's many other examples of other copies.

Re "Emma", sure it's a copy, but it's not a bad song, I don't mind it and I think it's done well. It would be different if it was sung by a UK boyband and in direct competition, but this is for Finland, so why not.

You don't need to take my postings serious if there is a ";D" behind ;)
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

New single:

Satin Circus - If You Love Me

I hear some Max-ish production vibes.

QuoteOlli Halonen, Axel Kalland, Kristian Westerling, Paul Uotila & Patric Sarin

http://www.scandipop.co.uk/satin-circus-if-you-love-me

And I liked it..

Alex Martin

AdamKhan

J_A24

I'm ashamed for them. They can't really be proud of it.

Raul_esp

Joshua

The writing sounds kind of amateurish, only saved by the production. Pity it's hard to listen to said production without thinking of a completely different band every step of the way.