• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Which movies have you seen lately?

Started by turnaround, October 07, 2013, 04:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

DVD: "As Good as It Gets"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/As_Good_as_It_Gets

Absolutely love Nancy Meyers movies, the setting is always beautiful.

Cinema:
"Liberace" (with Michael Douglas and Matt Damon)
Extremely fascinating film, it's an intense mixture between comedy and drama.

"Rush":
Fully recommend it. I am not a F1 fan, but this movie was thrilling.  8)

And I liked it..

georg_e

Quote from: turnaround on October 07, 2013, 04:50:52 PM
DVD: "As Good as It Gets"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/As_Good_as_It_Gets

Absolutely love Nancy Meyers movies, the setting is always beautiful.

Cinema:
"Liberace" (with Michael Douglas and Matt Damon)
Extremely fascinating film, it's an intense mixture between comedy and drama.

"Rush":
Fully recommend it. I am not a F1 fan, but this movie was thrilling.  8)
Yes, "Rush" is great!!!   Great music by Hans Zimmer, too. I always have been an F1 fan, but it's a great movie on its own even for non-fans :-)

turnaround

Absolutely.

Daniel Brühl must have a funny Austrian accent, hasn't he :D

The German version was already pretty fun.

And yes, Hans is such a legend. Probably Germanys single alive REAL world-star.
And I liked it..

georg_e

Quote from: turnaround on October 07, 2013, 06:01:10 PM
Absolutely.

Daniel Brühl must have a funny Austrian accent, hasn't he :D

The German version was already pretty fun.

And yes, Hans is such a legend. Probably Germans single alive REAL world-star.
Bruhl was great!!   And there was so much going on in  the film I didn't really absorb the music until the end credits: there must have been a full five minutes of credits, and I sat there mesmerized by Hans Zimmers's score until the very last second!!

turnaround

Same here. We sat there until the lights went on again.
Always a good sign.  8)

Have you seen Liberace on HBO? Here it got a full cinema release and the reviews are great.

Both Rush and Liberace I need asap on Bluray. I hope Rush gets some Oscars.
And I liked it..

georg_e

Quote from: turnaround on October 07, 2013, 07:09:48 PM
Same here. We sat there until the lights went on again.
Always a good sign.  8)

Have you seen Liberace on HBO? Here it got a full cinema release and the reviews are great.

Both Rush and Liberace I need asap on Bluray. I hope Rush gets some Oscars.
No,  haven't seen Liberace, but since you mentioned HBO I'd highly recommend the HBO movie"'Phil Spector'' with Al Pacino/Helen Mirren if you can see it somehow. (It's only been on TV here).

ZachJames

Oh my god, I just saw the comedy "This Is The End" with an all-star cast, and guess what...

At the end, the BACKSTREET BOYS have a cameo appearance! LOL

ZachJames

Joshua

I'm a bit obsessed with Nordic cinema, so the last movie I saw was "A Hijacking" a few weeks ago, about a Danish ship taken over by pirates. If anyone knows any brilliant Nordic movies, I'll gladly check them out.

I'm still deciding whether or not I'll go check out "Diana". I was interested to see what they've done, but the reviews have been so ruthlessly harsh that I'm thinking it might not be worth the time.

Rebecca

I saw Liberace, loved it. I don't know how they made Matt Damon look so young. Michael Douglas was hilarious in it.

I also saw the Phil Spector film with Al Pacino. Al Pacino was just Al Pacino with a wig on, but it was good.

I want to see This is The End so will wait for it on tv. I will probably see Diana on tv.

nznexus

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

turnaround

george, I will try to check out "'Phil Spector''. Thanks for the tip.

And yes, Matt Damon looked so young - you could really believe he is 18 though he has kids and is almost 40!!

I'm looking forward to the "Hunger Games"sequel. - Catching Fire. First part was very good already. And the soundtrack byChristina Aguilera ("We remain") is excellent too.
And I liked it..

melodicmoonlight

just saw Don Jon. Loved it - one of the most enjoyable movies I've seen in a while.

Joshua

Over the weekend I saw a British flick called "About Time". I had no idea what to expect, but it really stuck with me. It's from the same director as "Love Actually" and "Notting Hill" and all those other UK classics. Anyway, I really recommend it, it was so... sweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7A810duHvw

Eddie Krommer

Sci Fi dude here: Elysium, Inception, The 5th Element.