• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Ciara - Dance Like We're Making Love (Dr. Luke)

Started by uberweiss, April 28, 2015, 04:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Steady

Quote from: Dr. Fleischman on May 01, 2015, 11:28:34 AM
Those Dr. Luke's song are just ok. The only one I like is Dance Like We're Making Love. I hate to say this (he's my favorite) but looking at the songs he's worked on recently and compering to those hits he'd made before, I think he can be burnt out. They should get together with Max more often!

maybe Dr. Luke's taste is just more various than yours ::)
if he was burnt out he wouldn't have made all these tracks ...

---

album is indeed amazing! unfortunately the Diane Warren ballad got destroyed by heavy auto tune usage. if you can't sing, don't do a ballad :-\
Vila i frid Dag

Hazel_Scorpion

Lol I agree most of his tracks on this album aren't that great for his standards.
Even Dance Like We're Making Love sounds like a watered down version of Can't Stop Dancing production wise.

j.fco.morales

I'm currently listening.

You can clearly hear Ester Dean singing the hook on That's How I'm Feeling.
The chord progression in Lullaby is very similar to Patti Labelle's Love Need and Want You... sampled many times -Nelly's Dilemma, Lloyd's Lay It Down (that one is really good), etc-.

Who A&R'd this? Played safe as hell. The crunk trend is SO dated and they stuck to it with Ciara.

I don't know why, but with voices like hers -that are more about the vibe than about voice control- I tend to think straight forward sonically and production wise.
To me, Ciara is like a lite version of Janet Jackson or maybe Aaliyah, but less edgy. And her best attempt of being edgy was "Promise", which to me is the best song off her catalogue.

I'll give the album some few more spins.

melodicmoonlight

definitely get Janet vibes here and there. the Luke tracks are the best on the album, yet, they're nothing incredibly special. when you hear Becky G's Lovin' So Hard right next to a Luke song from Jackie, there's a clear delineation between which song is sonically more dynamic; lyrically, production-wise, vocally, etc. definitely very safe for Ciara.

my favs are Lullaby and Kiss & Tell.

Dr. Fleischman

Quote from: B Steady on May 01, 2015, 10:02:21 PM
maybe Dr. Luke's taste is just more various than yours ::)
if he was burnt out he wouldn't have made all these tracks ...
I'm looking at the charts and couple years ago he'd have 3,4 songs in the top 10. That's the fact. The bar is incredibly high for him.
I really hope he'll be back!

ShockdioN

I'm very into "FLY" now..nice beat by Polow da Don :)

j.fco.morales

A new Ciara song is out.

Written by Theron & Timothy Thomas, Cirkut & Dr Luke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCmFXKbdy8o

turnaround

And I liked it..

Linda

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on November 24, 2015, 06:28:51 PM
"Special Edition" produced by AC
Quote from: turnaround on November 24, 2015, 10:03:25 PM
Andreas Carlsson?

Agatha Christie, duh.  ::)

Ever heard of Alexander Castillo Vasquez from the Dr. Luke camp??

turnaround

And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

Well, AC contributed to Yelle's last album, co-produced Elliphant's Revolusion with Billboard, two songs on Bieber's Purpose, two songs on Ciara's and counting...

:)

J_A24

Wild Wild Love by Pitbull and GRL was all him production wise too...