• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

One Direction - Drag me down (new single from new album)

Started by turnaround, July 31, 2015, 10:21:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

Drag Me Down

https://itunes.apple.com/de/album/drag-me-down/id1024077714?i=1024077721

They did a Beyonce and just released this without any announcment.

written by Jamie Scott, Julian Bunetta & John Ryan

Do you like it?
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

turnaround

I think the 1D songs are only good if the melody is really strong. Otherwise it is always so samey and gets boring due to lack of innovative ideas.
And I liked it..

Feelgoodlies

sonnyblack2000

Couldn't even finish listening to it, beginning of the end?

Khan9898

Their management is just trying to squeeze as much music and money out of them until they either crash or people don't care anymore. The song is very generic, lacks a lot of their old punch.

I think you will see writers/producers put in a lot more effort and creativity for Zayn's solo record which might be big.

georg_e

Quote from: Khan9898 on August 01, 2015, 08:51:29 PM
Their management is just trying to squeeze as much music and money out of them until they either crash or people don't care anymore. The song is very generic, lacks a lot of their old punch.

I think you will see writers/producers put in a lot more effort and creativity for Zayn's solo record which might be big.
Ughh-- hate that idea: at least wait until your band breaks up before you launch your "solo" career! You know-- the band that gave you success in the first place?

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: Khan9898 on August 01, 2015, 08:51:29 PMThe song is very generic, lacks a lot of their old punch.

Some people might disagree cos actually their old punch is even more generic than this.

melodicmoonlight

georg_e

Wow, it's kind of shocking to me that with all that money behind them, this is the song someone thought was like really great or something? Especially when they have have something to prove right now (as a quartet)? Amazing.

Khan9898

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on August 01, 2015, 11:19:15 PM
Some people might disagree cos actually their old punch is even more generic than this.

I mean its not like the Rami/Carl/Savan songs were the most amazing pieces of music but their fanbase and the "general audience" find their earlier stuff better as it reflects in single/album sales.

Khan9898

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on August 02, 2015, 12:57:43 AM
Surprised they haven't worked with MM yet.

They probably won't, if it were to happen they would have worked together on the 2nd or 3rd album.

turnaround

Do you think we will get any Rami stuff on the new album?
I am kind of tired of the same old Bunetta etc. sounds. They need some more variety in general. Westlife had the Swedish and the UK team and that made their reportoire more interesting. (covers aside)
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

I don't know if someone posted this, but Zayn Malik signed with RCA.