• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

ASCAP EXPO

Started by Alex Martin, November 19, 2008, 07:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*Sabine*

Oh thanks Alex! That's cool to see him talk.
He's quite handsome (though less than Max)! :D

Alex Martin

If luke is handsome i'm brad pitt.

georg_e

Hi, I attended the ASCAP Expo in 2007, so I can tell you a bit about it.  It was really awesome, in Hollwood, a three day event, with many, many world class songwriters and producers giving talks, etc. Some by themselves, some in panels. I saw a great panel with Luke Gottwald and Cathy Dennis on it for instance. If you go the ASCAP site www.ascap.com they have info about who was there last year. (The next one is in the Spring in LA).  It's not that expensive when you consider all the stuff they have, plus you can of course meet other songwriters and enjoy LA. At night they had some great performances by songwriters --all acoustic - - in a bar nearby, (For example, the guy who co-wrote a big Carrie Underwood hit, etc. so that is really cool).  I'd recommend it to anybody to go one time, as it's quite inspiring.

*Sabine*

Quote from: georg_e on November 19, 2008, 10:06:24 PM

Hi, I attended the ASCAP Expo in 2007, so I can tell you a bit about it.  It was really awesome, in Hollwood, a three day event, with many, many world class songwriters and producers giving talks, etc. Some by themselves, some in panels. I saw a great panel with Luke Gottwald and Cathy Dennis on it for instance. If you go the ASCAP site www.ascap.com they have info about who was there last year. (The next one is in the Spring in LA).  It's not that expensive when you consider all the stuff they have, plus you can of course meet other songwriters and enjoy LA. At night they had some great performances by songwriters --all acoustic - - in a bar nearby, (For example, the guy who co-wrote a big Carrie Underwood hit, etc. so that is really cool).  I'd recommend it to anybody to go one time, as it's quite inspiring.

Wow you're very lucky! I think Max attended it some years ago, I remember seeing pictures with Diane Warren, I think 1999 and 2000 (he still had long hair), when he was voted songwriter of the year.

Alex Martin

Raul_esp

max must win the ascap this year!!  8)

Alex Martin

Absolutely raul....... 2008 is max year!!!!

*Sabine*

Well, I think he should be a nominee at least. Do you know when exactly the ceremony is?

Rebecca

Thanks George, sounds awesome.

Max should absolutely win for 2008 year.